Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: PROM at 21 weeks, bedrest in hospital  (Read 8237 times)

stayin.P

• View Profile
PROM at 21 weeks, bedrest in hospital
« on: April 27, 2012 at 09:00 AM »
Im writing this from my phone so its going to be tricky pls excuse any typos.
My membranes ruptured last night @ 21 weeks with cerclage. i went to the hospital and after hours of discussion
and deciding, we chose to have the cerclage removed due to PROM and infection plus my history of
'no contractions baby comes out'.
It hasnt been 24 hours since the cerclage came out but nothing has seemed to happen. a scan was done
after the removal and cervix was short but closed.
There is no way my membranes can reseal, ive never seen so much fluid in my child bearing career.

We all doubt i can get to 24 weeks in this mess but hey, miracles do happen right?

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: PROM at 21 weeks, bedrest in hospital
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012 at 05:30 PM »
Miracles do happen! Please don't give up hope. A few of our members just shared some positive outcomes today on this post: http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=2421.0

Sending hugs and prayers!

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012 at 07:12 PM »
Miracles do happen... You're in my thoughts and prayers... Good luck!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM »
I was thinking of you today, I'm so sorry your membrane ruptured. I'm truly praying for you and your family. I do believe in miracles and pray you get yours.

Mischele
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

stayin.P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012 at 07:17 AM »
thank you so much for your thoughts. it's been 5 days now since my waters have broken and i'm back at home on strict bedrest and antibiotics around the clock.
i'm taking every hour as it comes and if i can get to viability i'll be readmitted back into hospital.
this is exactly what happened last time as well, PROM @ 24 weeks and PROM again @ 21 weeks. i wonder if this is a pattern of something which should be investigated further although there never seems to be any straight answers.
so i'm officially on bedrest from now on - praying this is a long journey for me and bubs

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012 at 09:42 AM »
Anything is possible! Thinking about you and Bubs all the time. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

Sending prayers and big hugs!

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012 at 07:42 PM »
I don't understand why they sent you home??? That makes me sad =( I hope you hang in there...
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

claire1228

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012 at 10:11 PM »
Miracles happen every day ! :) :) I will be praying that everything goes well for you and baby !
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

stayin.P

• View Profile
Re: PROM at 21 weeks, bedrest in hospital - update
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012 at 07:24 AM »
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, as we can all understand here, with problems relating to premature births we do everything that we can for our little ones.
to get through each day, then each week are big milestones and deserve to be celebrated  :)
i chose to join keepemcookin with my pregnancy as it's a small community of bedrest mamas who share advice, knowledge, inspiration and stories and there is just an overwhelming amount of support here to one another.
there is so much positive attitude and wonderful happy endings through patience and perseverance.
my short journey will end from here, and i would like to thank everyone for everything that i have mentioned above.
occasionally i would like to drop by to continue to stay informed on any advances or trials done to prevent premature births.
from the bottom of my heart, i wish you all the best xo stay motivated and proactive and keep em cookin xox

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012 at 10:37 AM »
You deserve a huge hug and a pat on the back stayin.P.... I wish you all the best.

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012 at 09:01 PM »
You are amazing. I'm so very sorry. You are in my thoughts
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17