Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 30  (Read 4838 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 30
« on: April 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM »
Who's ready to say good riddance to April and hello to May? Every day is one step closer!

Also, big congrats to Everhopeful on the birth of Ava Marie: http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=2425.0

Who's joining us for the Tuesday chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST?

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesday at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

abby

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 30
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012 at 01:29 PM »
I'm ready to say good riddance to this pregnancy and hello to my boys.  36 weeks tomorrow, and i don't think I can handle another day.  If one more person asks me if I've had the babies yet I am going to scream.  Baby A is so low in my pelvis I can barely walk.  Everytime they move I'm either in pain or can't breath.  Arggggghhhh.  I know it will be all worth it when they arrive, but much longer and I'll be delivering two 9lb twins!  So much for their going home outfits!!!
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

Mcentire

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 30 - still pregnant 36 weeks 1 day
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012 at 02:22 PM »
The uterus that cried wolf! Looks like my cerclage removal is Wednesday morning at 7:15 am in hospital. My doc says my cervix is so thin, he wants to do it in hospital,he is amazed I'm still pregnant. At that point he will break my water and if I don't go into to labor he will induce with pitocin. I was really expecting today, but the hospital is booked for scheduled deliveries. Can't believe she will be 36 weeks 3 days when we deliver. What a long road, but amazing to make it 11 weeks on bed rest and delivery a nearly term baby that will be so where between 5.5. - 6 lbs. not a under 5lb premie fighting for her life. Can't wait to hold her in my arms.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

twinboys2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
I am 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow with twin boys. Got steroid shots a week ago because my cervix was short and my MFM suggested it. Today at my weekly ultrasound I have no cervix and was 1 cm dilated. : ( so now I am a hospital bed rest mommy till the end they say. I am in my new hospital home taking this all in. I'm so scared that the boys will be born too early. I keep looking up micro preemie success stories but it seems like there's just as many sad stories. Does anyone have a similar story with a happy outcome? This is all so overwhelming

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012 at 02:43 PM »
Still hanging in there... 32 weeks and 2 days! It's been a rough couple of days but the car is fixed and the baby is napping and as soon as she wakes up my husband is on his way to see me! So excited! Had an ultrasound this morning, and everything looks fabulous. She is measuring at about 4.1 lbs so that is truly a blessing and much better than the 2.9 she was when I was in labor my first day back to the hospital!!! I'm excited to be this far along and not feeling any signs of anything happening =) Congrats to Mcentire and abby on 36 weeks! I am so excited for you both to meet your new babies!!!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012 at 03:10 PM »
Thanks Mommaof3, I am simply in tears to know I am so close and to know so many of you have so far to go and some of you have come so far already. This will my 2nd time to graduate after extended bed rest and I am still nervous about what might happen. Im so proud of all of you. Good luck this week ladies.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012 at 03:50 PM »
Still here!  On my 5th week of at-home bed rest, will be 28 weeks along this Friday.  Didn't receive encouraging news at last Thursday's appointment - cervix now measuring 1.3 cm.  Is it strange that I'm still allowed to be home?  I get nervous anytime I get up, decided to only shower every other day.  Don't know how long this cervix will hold up?!  Its length was never monitored with my first high-risk pregnancy, so I feel like I'm waging a different war this time (or am I????).  Just have to count each day as a blessing.  Congrats to all the ladies close to/at term -- great work!  And, to all the other ladies, you're doing awesome!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM »
Still here, thank goodness. 23w 1 day.
Dr. Appt last friday had some new and and not so happy changes. Baby is good, cervix still 3.1cm and very closed externally, but I was having frequent contractions and while contracting you could see major funneling of the internal segment of the cervical canal. Have an rx for procardia and had it filled, but not to start until directed, if I can't keep contractions under control. Water, water, water... And very strict rest. And, I noted that if I lay awake all night and don't sleep more than 2-3 hours in a 24 hour period, they are really bad. So, sleep seems to be a huge contributor. Anyone else notice that?
I have also been losing my mucus plug over the last 2 days. Luckily, it is colorless and no bleeding, but still makes me super nervous.  At this point, I think I will be lucky to make it to 30 weeks. I hope I am wrong....
Good luck to all of you, and I hope things continue to go well. Good luck with the anticipated births this week too!
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

stayin.P

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012 at 07:06 AM »
.....and count me in now, looks like i'm on bedrest for awhile and praying for baby to stay in for a long time :)
currently 21 weeks with PROM, all the best to everyone out there

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012 at 01:41 PM »
Great to see so many of you doing so well among all the challenges!

Hope to see you all at our "Tuesdays at 2" live chat TODAY. Just 20 minutes from now...

http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012 at 02:02 PM »
Still here too :)) Today 34+5 for us and hoping for another week or two if possible. Lots of discomfort many many painful contractions but no bleeding... Today my guys set up the crib so we are all ready in case. I just hope I can hold on till Saturday as I have scheduled a nice surprise party for my hubby at home friday evening, he really deserves it!!!
Kisses and hugs to all
Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

german_bedrest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012 at 11:14 AM »
It is Thursday now and that means I am on hospital bed rest for 4 weeks and 5 days today. It is my 28th week now, twin boys doing very well. All this time my cervix was at about 1cm, now slowly shortening to 7mm. I am so motivated about all this time these boys got and I wish for more days to come. Woo!