Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Permanant Cerclage and positive FFN  (Read 2905 times)

claire1228

• View Profile
Permanant Cerclage and positive FFN
« on: April 30, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Hello all ! First, I just wanna say how much I enjoy reading all of the posts on here. So reassuring to know there are other women going thru the same things as I am. So, for my question/story: I had a permanant cerclage put in at 18 weeks. My cervix was measuring around 2.3. I have been on bedrest since. My doc had to "dissect" off of my bladder in order to have enough room to put in the cerclage. I also have placenta previa which resulted in 2 bleeds and a weeklong hospital stay.  I am currently at 26 weeks 3 days. Last Monday, I had a positive FFN. That night they did a vaginal ultrasound and my cervix was about 2.2. They also did a biophysical profile on the baby and she scored a 8 out of 10. I have also been on weekly progesterone shots since 18 weeks and last week I had the round of steroid shots and also took a 3 day round of another medication (can't remember the name of it, it starts with an i) to help prolong the pregnancy. I made it to our first goal of 26 weeks. Now I am looking forward to my second goal of 28 weeks!  ;D Has anyone else had a permanant cerclage put in?  ??? Or, have a similar situation to mine? If so, how long did you make it on bedrest? Any and all responses are appreciated!!  ;)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

womanthatrolls

• View Profile
Re: Permanant Cerclage and positive FFN
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
You state you have a permanent cerclage. Do you mean that you had a Shirodkar or a TVCIC or TAC?

claire1228

• View Profile
Re: Permanant Cerclage and positive FFN
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012 at 10:23 AM »
you know, i really am not sure. my doc just called it a "permanant cerclage". i will have to ask him at my appt tomorrow...
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12