Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Childbirth Prep  (Read 2561 times)

SisterRez

• View Profile
Childbirth Prep
« on: May 02, 2012 at 05:26 PM »
How are you ladies preparing for childbirth?  While on bedrest, I'm unable to attend any classes, so I'm wondering if anyone has a particular book they'd recommend, or an online class to look up?  Anything?  This is my first birth, so I want to be as prepared as possible, but it's an obvious challenge while stuck in bed.  Thanks!

Rosa

• View Profile
Re: Childbirth Prep
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012 at 10:26 PM »
i used to worry about that too (my main worry now is that i have no strenght in my legs or energy to walk let alone deal with pain and push)and read as much as possible on t internet... That made me realise that everyone is different and really you just have to turn up and 'put on a show' and try your best, you might have t quickest hassle free labour in history, or you may have t most complex birth-plan and nothing goes to plan...  :o  sorry, no script, no rehearsal, no second take, just get on stage and deal with it ;D good luck!
first pregnancy, IC - due to Lletz in 2010?
progesterone pessaries since wk 22 - cervix 1.6cm
bedarrest since wk 24 - cervix measure 1.4cm
hospital strict bedarrest at wk 26 - cervix 8mm
back at home, strick bedarrest since week 28 - cervix 1cm
cervix dilated 2cm at week 35

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012 at 10:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply!  Those are my worries too...lack of physical endurance, lack of muscles, etc.  I've decided to order a few books and take what I can from them, and hope for the best!  Good luck to you too!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012 at 12:52 AM »
Hi, SisterRez! Please take a look at the ad on this page (top or bottom) for the online childbirth class. The women who offer it are awesome! So caring and so knowledgable, and they really understand the challenges you face with being on bedrest. Let me know what you think!

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012 at 10:02 PM »
Thank you, Angela!  I will definitely give it a look.  It helps to know that someone is familiar with them.  I assumed they were a browser-generated add (I cant tell you how many adds I see for diapers these days, since I've been researching options online).