Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Violette Marielle is here at 36 weeks 3 days  (Read 4894 times)

Mcentire

• View Profile
Violette Marielle is here at 36 weeks 3 days
« on: May 02, 2012 at 11:51 PM »
Hello ladies, our girl is here 6lbs3oz, 19.5 inces long, she's in the NICU tonight, but hoping to get her moved over to the nursery tomorrow. She is on Cpap until midnight, we will see how it plays out. I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks for all the support!
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term
#2 2006 born at 37 weeks 1 day after 14 weeks of bed rest due to IC
#3 2009 born at 31 weeks 1 day PROM at 30 weeks with cerclage
#4 2012 born at 36 weeks  2 days IC, cerclage, p17

nelgh

• View Profile
Re: Violette Marielle is here at 36 weeks 3 days
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012 at 05:43 AM »
I'm brand new here but, congratulations!!! 36 weeks and ready to be moved to the nursery-- fantastic. Violette, what a lovely name for such a lovely little blessing.

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012 at 05:04 PM »
Baby update.. She is still in the NICU, looks like she needs more time on the CPAP, hopefully the grunting will stop altogether. They are running a Meriad of tests to ensure that there is not an infection at the root of all of this and have prophylacticly  treated her with 2 types of antibiotics that  cover  most of the spectrum. The culture takes 48 hours to grow, so they can't wait to get started. It's hard being back in the NICU. Last night my left leg was numb and I had not seen her since she was born around 3:30, my husband had dashed home to tuck in the other babies and relieve my mom when the NICU called and said I could go see her. My nurse forgot my request to go down and after 45 mins I found myself in tears, numb on one side dying to see my daughter, whom I had not seen for more than a moment. After pitching a fit,  I went down a few mins later and got to fall in love with her. She didn't seem like she was mine until then. Today I got to nurse her, shortly after she began struggling again, so I imagine it's my last time to hold her for a couple of days. I'm pumping but my milk is not in yet, usually a solid 3 days for me. Can't wait to provide her mik for her. despite these little set backs we did an amazing job and she will be home soon.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012 at 08:56 PM »
A big congrats on your new baby girl =) I'm sorry to hear that you're back in the NICU but I'm sure she will pull through and you will all be one big happy family again! You did a great job... I know it's probably a stupid question but did you get steroid shots at all?!?

Congrats again!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Mcentire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012 at 12:01 AM »
Thanks Mammaof3, it's not a stupid question, yes we did when I started effacing and dilating 4/6

Even after the steroids it is her breathing that is compromised. She is grunting because she is struggling to keep her lungs completrly opened. She can gavage feed, but when she nipples bottle or breast she grunts. In a few days this will clear up. Her blood gases are perfect , no infections, she just needs a little time.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term

stayin.P

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012 at 07:36 AM »
i just spotted your announcement  ;D a huge congratulations on the birth of Violette Marielle! and what a beautiful name!
i hope your nicu stay is a very short one and that you will finally be able to take her home
how are you feeling after the birth, be easy on yourself xo you've done so well bed resting and now it can be a thing of the past  :)

claire1228

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012 at 10:31 PM »
Congrats!! LOVE her name, it's beautiful....I would have torn someone a new a**h*le if they would have forgotten to bring me see my baby !! lol, please excuse my "french". I dont blame you at all for pitching a fit. Will be praying for a safe and quick recovery for you, and a short stay in the nicu for baby, and that she gets strong quickly !
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012 at 03:52 AM »
Congrats!!!! How is her breathing doing???

Mcentire

• View Profile
She is home!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012 at 09:06 PM »
Vi just got home about 2hours ago. She nursed until her belly was full and milk was running down her chin. We see the pediatrician tomorrow tore heck her bilirubin, but she is ours! She would be 37 weeks today. She is 5lbs 10 oz today, breathing perfect and home where she belongs. Thank you thank you thank you ladies, I truly have been lifted up by your friendships and support.
Mother of 4
#1 2004 full term

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012 at 06:54 AM »
Congrats! Hope your first night went well!!! Keep up the nursing that will help her levels!!!

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012 at 12:08 PM »
Yay I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad to hear this good news =) I hope you're having a wonderful time!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
Yay!!! So happy to hear that Violette is home!

Way to go, mama! You did it!!!  ;D