Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Need a bit of advice =)  (Read 2013 times)

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Need a bit of advice =)
« on: May 03, 2012 at 10:12 PM »
My daughter... who is 21 months has spent the last few months being introduce to the potty chair. Whether she sits on it voluntarily or while being coerced with her favorite show or whatever. She has yet to use the potty even though she will sit on it for an hour at a time! My husband so wittingly taught her to say "psssst" while sitting on the potty chair =) It is quite hysterical but I hope she doesn't continue to make this potty noise as she grows! Anyway... I have no idea where to start with this potty training stuff! Do any of you moms have any advice??? She's been taking her diaper off for a quite a while but is really starting to make it a habit lately. Yesterday made two times where my husband went in and she had taken off her diaper and wiped poop all over herself and EVERYTHING (luckily I've been in the hospital both times so I didn't have to clean it or her... hahahaha). She does take off her diaper in the night quite frequently... probably about 4 times a week! You used to be able to just keep pant on her and it'd be alright, but obviously it's time to buckle down on the potty training and buy some pull ups ;)

I'm also worried that me being here is messing her up... like just making her life a little weirder and that she might not be able to focus on this. Also bringing home a new baby isn't going to help even though she already had her brother. She will be very distracted as she LOVES babies, so do you guys think that we should just deal with the diaper bandit and wait to buckle down for a little while or what??? So confused =P
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

claire1228

• View Profile
Re: Need a bit of advice =)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012 at 10:46 PM »
Im in the same boat as you are ! my son just turned 2. im a stay at home mom so i had planned to do my best to potty train him before the baby came, so we wouldnt have two in diapers for very long! well now that im in bedrest, i cant exactly do that. my father is retired so he keeps will during the day until my hubby is home from work. so, my dad has been making him wear pull ups and sitting him on the potty chair. he uses it often but he doesnt normally say when he has to go. you just have to go sit him on it. for the time being we arent being very strict with it. after the baby comes and things get back to normal, i will start to really work with him. if i were you, i would not worry about it at all! 21 months is a good age to begin introducing them but if she isnt all that interested right now, no biggie. it will come i promise! i have a 6 yr old and i slowly introduced him to it and all of a sudden one day it just clicked for him and he got better and better. my sis started with my niece around 2 1/2 years and she caught on pretty quick. every child is different !! and i wouldn't worry about bringing a new baby into the house, she will do fine! us mamas tend to worry about everything !! and usually it all works itself out  :) hope this helps some, good luck !!  ;D
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

Taya

• View Profile
Re: Need a bit of advice =)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012 at 03:51 AM »
http://attachmentparenting.org/blog/2010/02/24/to-potty-consistently/

Here is a blog post on a different way of approaching "training" good luck hun!!! Hang in there!!! If she isn't ready for using the potty that isn't the end of the world. Focus on what is most important to you and your family.  Everything else will fall into place!

Hugs!!!!!