Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: frustrated  (Read 3980 times)

abby

• View Profile
frustrated
« on: May 05, 2012 at 12:44 PM »
Currently 36+4 with twins.  Been off bedrest for 2 and a half weeks and no more meds either.  spent 12 weeks on bedrest to keep these boys cookin and now they won't come out.  doctor is going to induce me in 10 days, which is leading me to wonder if bedrest was really necessary at all.  Cervix has been 90%, 2cm, and +2 for 3 weeks now and not going any further.  Contractions seemed to have stopped and I am doing all those "things" that they say helps start labor but nothing is working.  I just can't believe that after everything I will need to be induced which may compromise my plans of a vaginal delivery.  Sorry just venting and extrememly frustrated today because I can barely walk baby a is so low in my pelvis.  Oh well I guess they will come when they are ready, or be coaxed out at 38 weeks.   ???
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: frustrated
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012 at 01:14 PM »
I know what you mean... I know I won't be "pissed" but I will be like WHAT IN THE HECK if I've sat in this hospital for 6 weeks and then make it full term! I hope your plans for a vaginal delivery will still be possible... Good luck and congratulations on making it through all this though =)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012 at 11:34 AM »
I know it is SO tough to be patient after all this and with being so uncomfortable. The babies WILL come when they are ready. There' no turning back now!  ;) Try to be thankful that they are getting the extra time they still need. Bed rest was necessary, so please don't doubt that. It has slowed down the process, which is what it was supposed to do. Full term is still a couple of weeks away. Hang in there!

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012 at 12:18 PM »
Angela is SO right =) Those babies could have been here a long time ago if it wasn't for you dedication to bedrest =) I know my little girl would be here already if I hadn't brought myself back to the hospital when I did! So you have done GREAT and will soon be rewarded and not even think about it!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012 at 04:23 AM »
I remember wanting my son out and feeling like it would never happen! But remember the longer they are in the better it is for them! I know your uncomfortable and have been doing amazing things for them! Keep em cooking they will be here soon!!!!!!

HUGS!

abby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012 at 12:12 PM »
thanks for the positive thoughts ladies.  I'm just frustrated because the longer they stay in there, the less time I get to spend with them after they come out.  Used up all my fmla for the year and will need to go back to work asap or risk losing my job.  also being asked every day if I've had the babies yet, and it's driving me bonkers.  Plus babies are huge for their age, and that's if there was only one.  Been told that I have "excessive fetal growth".  I'm not a big person either.  Luckily I'm tall and have the room but have never been overweight. 
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest