Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Trying to stay positive  (Read 3775 times)

jp99

• View Profile
Trying to stay positive
« on: May 08, 2012 at 05:49 PM »
Had yet another ultrasound today and thankfully everything still looks good with the babies. I am now 30 + 3 and trying to make it to at least 34 weeks. The tech was unable to get a measurement of my cervix today. Last week it was "dynamic" with a max length of 7mm. The cervix is funneling and today they saw fluid throughout the cervical canal - meaning baby a's membranes are bulging down. I have been counting down the days until I reach 32 weeks - which is when I could be transferred back to the hospital in my home town. Today the Dr's are saying its a 50/50 odds of me making it back there. They also doubted I would make it to 28 weeks tho and I did. I am trying to remain hopeful but it's hard.

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: Trying to stay positive
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
I know what you mean =) Coming in the hospital at 28 weeks and dilated to 5 I thought for sure I was going to be a NICU momma! My doctors thought for sure I was going to have that baby and every time I see one of the four doctors from the MFM they're so shocked that I'm still pregnant! Unfortunately transferring back to the hospital in my hometown wasn't an option for me at 32 weeks because they don't deliver babies under 35 weeks (although my son was born right before 35 weeks there after they did an ultrasound and he had high scores). If I haven't dilated further or things aren't much different (5 and 70%) I get to go home Saturday when I hit 34 weeks! I never thought I'd make it this far and I think every day that goes by I get more and more paranoid about everything! My grandma bought some Preemie girl clothes a couple weeks ago and I just cried... I don't want to spend one day in the NICU!

Hold your head high and things are going to be just fine! You have made it this far... what's another 2 weeks! Then, just for sh--s and giggles you'll add on a couple more! We all have to remember that doctors aren't always right and child birth is almost completely unpredictable! I for one cannot wait to see my regular OB and see what she has to say to me! I'm gonna walk up in there and be like "Look at this super momma!!! And you all doubted me so bad" hahaha! It's going to be amazing to have these healthy babies here even though we have been getting by on "weeks". So.... I think you'll make it to 32 weeks! Anything beyond that is great but shoot for 34 of course and then 36 weeks, just because after all of this you deserve a bit more of a piece of mind! So don't lose hope because at long as nothing is going on then you've got all the hope in the world!!! Just know that you might have to help your baby fight for it but you will be holding your little one in the near future and you will be so ecstatic!!! Good luck girly... I know the whole hospital thing... Been here 6 weeks almost and I'm dying to get out of here but am glad for the time I've spent here!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

twinboys2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012 at 11:01 PM »
Your story sounds a lot like mine. But I am only 26 weeks and my cervix measured 3 mm yesterday and baby a's membranes are bulging and only 3 mm away from the end of my cervix. How many weeks have you been 7 mm!? My doctor also set 28 weeks as my "goal" but didn't know/think I would make it to my goal. 30 weeks is great!! I would love to be 30 weeks l, I would feel much better than only being 26 weeks. I don't know if you have multiples or a singleton but your story gives me hope to make it past my first goal!!

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012 at 11:21 PM »
You have made it so far! Way go go ladies! Every minute they are in there is good! Just take it a moment at a time!!!!!!

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012 at 04:38 PM »
Thank you ladies for your support - this forum is so great for that!! Mommaof3 I am so happy for you that you will be going home to your kids this weekend. Congrats on making it so far. To the other twin momma I am also expecting twins - mine are girls tho (di/di). My cervix was at 1 cm for a while then at 29 week 7 mm and 30 weeks nothing left to measure. I just take it one day at a time. I think bed rest does wonders for keeping these babies cooking. I am also doing prometrium vaginal supps every night and I think they have done wonders too! It's hard to stay positive some days but I also get a kick out of proving the drs wrong!!