Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My c-section scheduled for the 21st  (Read 2200 times)

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
My c-section scheduled for the 21st
« on: May 10, 2012 at 06:23 AM »
Hello there,

I am 36+1 with a previa, many bleeds many hospital stays ect on bedrest since 13 weeks. I got my weekly check and my doctor scheduled me for a c-section on the 21st (I will be 37+5) of curse if nothing happens till then... Even if he did not take me off bed rest officially I started getting up a bit. Sit at the table with my family, supervise meals prep ect... Feels great. Can not wait to take a walk in the park. Well to be honest we never though we would make it that far and bed rest was painful for me and also for those around. I continue my meds at least till next week thursday check up then we will see my doctor just took me off progesteron for now... So I keep with nifedipine iron and magnesium plus my pre-natal vitamines...
Some good news I wanted to share with all the ladies jailed in bed... Keep tight !!!

Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

Taya

• View Profile
Re: My c-section scheduled for the 21st
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012 at 02:15 PM »
congrats!!!! Great proof that bedrest works!!!!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
Wow! That is fantastic! Sounds like a good plan to keep up with your meds and start easing back into activity. Looks like you're going all the way to 37 weeks, my dear! Way to go!

claire1228

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012 at 09:19 PM »
that is awesome !  :) you made it a very long way on bedrest ! i will be praying that you have a healthy delivery and a healthy baby ! i have been on bedrest for 10 weeks now and will be 28 weeks tomorrow (which is our first goal, yay!). i soo hope that i can make it as far as you have. you are definite proof that bedrest WORKS !! good luck with the new baby !
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12