Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 14  (Read 7761 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 14
« on: May 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM »
A big welcome to the many new members of the Keep 'Em Cookin' community who have joined us this past week! I'm thrilled you found us!

And many thanks to ALL of you for the great support you're providing one another. You are an amazing group of women!

So tell us how many weeks along you are, and get us up to date on anything that happened last week. Any appointments this week? And what do you have planned this week to keep you busy? Don't hesitate to reach out to family and friends to come visit you. Seeing some new faces will keep you feeling positive!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat: Tuesdays at 2!
Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time for a live chat with other bedrest moms and bedrest graduates: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Also, I post an Idea of the Day each weekday here: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx

jmegio

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 14
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012 at 01:20 PM »
still here... 29w3d.  at last appointment, discovered there's not much left of my cervix (50-75% effaced) with significant funneling, 1-2 cm dilated :(  BUT, i actually received some encouaging news... baby is doing great, 87th percentile in size, and received a negative FFn test yesterday after being prompted to go to the hospital by my doctor for back cramps!!  praise God!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:49 PM »
Still cookin'.  25+2 today.  Last weeks appointment my cerivx was 1.5cm, no change in funneling or dilation, this dr. increased my activity which I've decided not to use the full amount of time I'm allowed because I could feel the cerclage so much more when I did get up more and I'd rather not take the chance at this point it time.  No further significant uterine activity which is a plus.  I have however had a decline in visitors this past week, so I might start resorting to books and movies or getting my ceus (continuing education) for work.

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012 at 05:59 PM »
25w 1 day. Still here, thank goodness.
At appointment on Friday, saw that my cervix is funneling much worse than before, with contraction activity I could barely feel. I am nervous as to what it does when I can feel the contractions. The funneling goes all the way down to the cerclage. Doc isn't so worried since when things relax the funneling disappears and cervix is back to 3.1cm and is still snugly closed.  He says he sees those changes all the time with weak/incompetent cervix, and that it indicates we did the absolute right thing in opting for cerclage when we did.
He did start me on the procardia, 10mg every 6 hours. The first 48 hours were hell starting it, but I have adjusted now. It looks like strict bed rest until baby comes for me; this is sure turning into a LONG pregnancy.
The 7 days of a week unit seem to go by quickly enough, but the week count seems to be moving veeeerrrryyy slowly.  I am looking into hypnobirthing to try and be better prepared for this birth, and avoid the epidural.
So, other than being afraid every time I have a palpable contraction that my water is going to break, I am hanging in there. My concern is exacerbated by knowing that I didn't start to have contraction activity of concern, or any cervical changes until 28 weeks with my son, and he was born at 31.5 weeks. If I have these changes already at 25 weeks, what does it mean for this little one??
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012 at 06:07 PM »
Still here on hospital bed rest and have made it to 31+3. Feeling extremely uncomfortable these days as these twin are stretching me to the max!! Barely any cervix remains and membranes from baby a are bulging into the cervix. I have been having tonnes of menstual like cramps with lower back pain - but they are not causing me to dilate so that is a huge relief. I got to spend mothers day with my son outside of the hospital which was so fantastic - but now today I am back to being bored and lonely in my little room. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be transferred back to the hospital in my home town at the end of this week!!

kristinadare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012 at 06:52 PM »
New here. 20 weeks and put on bed rest with BRP and showers last week after 19 week ultrasound showed uterine dehiscence to 1mm thickness and lower portion of placenta at dehiscence.  I'm a busy surgeon and putting my practice and patients on hold (booked out 6 wks) has really thrown my world upside down.  My husband is also a surgeon and we have 2 girls, ages 22 months and 6 years.  He has been great and luckily I have an amazing nanny and friends helping.  I understand that family, me and the baby come first, but its a hard fact to swallow when I'm used to being the one delivering care.  I'm trying to be a good patient...guess I don't have a choice.

erica11775

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:55 PM »
Still cookin at 20w3d. I have an appt Thursday for a cervical check and progesterone shot. I have been contracting a ton since last Thursday. Nothing seems to make much of a difference.  I had alot of company on Saturday including a wonderful friend who cut my hair as well as as tidying up my laundry room and kitchen. I am very thankful for all the friends and church family for all they are doing.

claire1228

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:58 PM »
Hello ladies, 28w3d today, which means we made it to our first goal of 28 weeks! Now looking forward to 30! This week I am heading into my 11th week on bedrest. They are suprisingly passing by pretty quickly. At my appt last week my cervix was measuring at 1.9, which is down a little from 2.1. But, I have a cerclage and it is holding up very well. Baby is doing awesome, measuring up exactly as she should.  ;D God is definitely on our side throughout this pregnancy. I have my weekly checkup tomorrow. Hoping to get another positive FFN. Hope everyone is doing well this week, Keep Em' Cookin' ladies!  :D
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

KLeslie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM »
I have been a quiet observer for the past 9 weeks.  I have been on leave from work and partial bedrest since 20 weeks with a cerclage placed at 16 wks..as a precausion...since my cervix was at 2.3 and I had a previous loss at 22 wks 2 years ago.  I am now at 29 wks 4 days. :) and so thankful to have made it this far.  It has been encouraging to read how others have also made it this far.  Thank you for all of your posts!

Rosa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012 at 01:14 AM »
35w2d and still on very strict bedrest. Had hospital apt today and cervix is 2cm dilated. She said it will b very quick once I go into labour, so get ready. Not expecting to make bed rest work much longer now. Got back in bed and still being strict. Felt a lot of pain and cramps for about 2hrs after t internal exam so wonder if it made t cervix dilate even more :o
first pregnancy, IC - due to Lletz in 2010?
progesterone pessaries since wk 22 - cervix 1.6cm
bedarrest since wk 24 - cervix measure 1.4cm
hospital strict bedarrest at wk 26 - cervix 8mm
back at home, strick bedarrest since week 28 - cervix 1cm
cervix dilated 2cm at week 35

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012 at 02:53 AM »
32 weeks yesterday!  I have my weekly ultrasound to measure my cervix tomorrow, as well as my bi-weekly ffn.  My cervix has held steady at around the 2cm mark for the last two weeks, so I'm hoping to see it continue.  I got really depressed today.  I've only been on bed rest for 6 weeks now, but it feels like an eternity.  Thankfully my boyfriend was around to pull me out of my funk.  It hasnt happened too often, but sometimes it's just really upsetting to be stuck in bed. 

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012 at 03:37 AM »
Hello,

Surprisingly I am still here too, tomorrow 37 weeks... My doc took me off progesterone so a bit uncomfortable as my contraction got stronger... Next visit thursday he might take me off nifedipine as well. C-section planned for Monday but not that sure I can hold on that long...Hoping at least till the weekend...
All my best to all still cooking :))
Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM »
Great to see all you ladies on the Roll Call! Please don't miss our live chat today at 2 pm Eastern time. We can talk about anything and everything. See you then! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM »
I'm a little late and should just wait until next week buuut I am still here!

34 weeks and 5 days =D

So happy to have made it this far and GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL THE SATURDAY BEFORE MOTHER'S DAY!!! It feels AMAZING to be home after 6 long weeks on bed rest in the hospital... I am still on strict bedrest and had an appointment at my regular OB today and everything is still the same (dilated to 5 and 80%). I had my last progesterone shot which makes me kind of nervous that labor is coming in the next couple of weeks!!! I am not scared though, just not looking forward to the pain and hope it goes fast!

I told my Dad to be prepared as he lives about 10 houses down the road because if I go into labor that's about as far as I'll make it! Hehe... If my water breaks I'll be worried because my son was born within 20 minutes of my water breaking last year, but if it all starts with contractions I will be okay I think ;)

Hope everyone is doing great... I know it's hard but keep your spirits up because this will all end faster than it feels like it will!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

busybaking

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM »
37 weeks and 5 days today  :)

Never thought I would make it this far!  My cerclage came out last Tuesday, so now we wait.  It feels strange to be a normal pregnant person now after months of being classified as "high risk"
First pregnancy
Bed rest at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Healthy boy at 38 weeks!

Second pregnancy
Cerclage at 14 weeks, no bed rest, healthy baby girl at 38 weeks/6 days

Third pregnancy
Cerclage scheduled for 11/11/15