Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call! May 28,2012  (Read 3837 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call! May 28,2012
« on: May 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
Tell us what's new! How many weeks are you? How are you feeling? Any appointments coming up?

We have a few wonderful advertisers (like Cervilenz and Isis Parenting) but most of the cost of running the Forum and the Chat Room fall to me personally. One way you can support KeepEmCookin is by clicking on the Amazon ads above and below and then make ANY purchase in ANY department. Amazon will donate 6% of the purchase price to KeepEmCookin. So, if you're ever shopping on Amazon anyway, please click the ads here first. Thanks SO much!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

claire1228

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call! May 28,2012
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM »
Angela, next time I make a purchase off of Amazon, I will definitely do it thru the Keep Em Cookin website!

As of today , I am 30w3d. Back at 18 weeks when I got my cerclage and was put on bedrest, 30 weeks seemed like a lifetime away ! But looking back I can honestly say it has passed by pretty quickly. At last week's appointment, my cervix measured around 1.8 and I was still dialated to 1 cm (same as week before). Our next goal is 32 weeks, so I am looking forward to that ! To make it to 36 weeks would be absolutely amazing ! We can do it ladies, just do your best to always STAY POSITIVE ! I have my weekly appointment on Thursday, looking forward to some good news !

Hope everyone has a great week, and a wonderful Memorial Day. HUGE "Thank You" to all of our soldiers, past and present.  :)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM »
still here.... 31w2d.  next doctor's appointment is thursday; she will be checking my cervix.  TVU last week showed no changes - still not much cervix to measure, baby head-down & low.  i will be allowed to come off bed rest at 35 weeks, same duration/time as my 1st pregnancy!  just hoping i don't progress as quickly this time - went into labor within 24-36 hours BUT this may have been due to abruptly stopping my meds due to bp issues??  the plan is to keep the procardia and progesterone going until 36 wks, fingers crossed.

can't wait to come out of hibernation!  getting anxious!  my husband will be home with me during the day after this week since the school year is coming to an end (we're both teachers), although my son will continue to go to daycare just to ease the burden.  LOVE spending time with him, but a 4-year old needs to be active and engaged and not cooped up in bed with mommy.

almost there!  keep up the good work, ladies.
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012 at 01:57 PM »
Still here, doing my bed rest at home now.  I have been home for 10 days and so far so good. I am 33 + 3 today and I honestly never thought I would make it this far.  I have been extremely uncomfortable the past few days.  My belly is HUGE and my back is not used to supporting the weight.  I am having pretty much constant cramping, and the other night I had a few stronger contractions but they disappeared pretty quickly so I never bothered following up with them.  I saw my OB last thursday and he said we are not going to bother checking my cervix anymore because we know that it is pretty much fully effaced at this point and checking it now could induce labor.  Also since the babies are fine we are going to only do one more ultrasound before my due date.  He also told me that if I hadn't gone into labor by June 20th on my own that he would induce me that day.  So the clock is ticking down now, and I am feeling the need to get organized here.  Too bad I can't actually do any of it myself.  I go for a NST tomorrow and other than that I am laying low this week trying to keep these girls baking for as long as possible. 

erica11775

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM »
Still here! 22w 4d. I spent the night in the hospital Thursday. I was contracting every 2 minutes and started bleeding again. I was seen at my regular OB's and then sent to L&D for monitoring and a sono to rule out abruption. His call was that I would just be monitored while they waited for the sono and then sent home. Again it appears he doubted that I was actually contracting. within 20 minutes of monitoring I was told I would not be leaving. I was started on a 72 hour course of Indocin and the dosage of Nifedipine was increased to every 6hrs. I felt so ill from the Indocin. The next morning they attempted to do an amnisure test but caused bleeding and said that would give a false negative. The contracting settled down a bit but then after the exam and such picked bak up again. Allthough not as strong I was again contracting every 2 minutes when they sent me home. I assume since they had seen no cervical change they figured it was safe to send me home. I contracted alot with my first pregnancy but this time the difference is that they are actually painful. They take my breath away at times and are even enough to wake me up from sleep. I am so concerned that I will ignore something that I should be concerned about. So currently I am on 17p injections once a week, prometrium suppositories daily,and Nifedipine every 6 hrs. I see both the peri and the reg OB on Friday this week. We were told that we would probably be given steroids for lung development at 24 weeks. So at this point that is our first target. One day at a time.

Thinking of and praying for you all!

Quick question. How do or have you dealt with missing big events? My brother was married Sunday last Sunday my daughter recieved an award, this weekend  is big church event, graduation parties and another wedding. I keep trying to remind myself of the end goal. It's tough not being able to parent my daughter though.

Erica
1st bedrest starting at 19w pprom at 33w delivered at 34w 1 week NICCU stay and major breathing/ GI issues ongoing
2nd miscarriage at 11w
3rd bedrest 15w,17p injections, nifedipine, 22w 4 d still cooking

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012 at 06:07 PM »
Whew. Another week down, and at 27+2 I am happy to be officially starting the third trimester. My appointment on Friday was quite disappointing. I had felt all was going well. I hadn't had really any contractions and was feeling good. Baby was ultrasounded and measured, growth on target at 2lbs even. I didn't really have any contractions during the ultrasound either, which is when they usually start up if they get going during an appointment.
Then, the trans-vag ultrasound. That showed that my cervix has shrunk. It is down to 2.8cm from the previous 3.1. Doc is not pleased. I was not pleased, as my cervix had shrunk to 2.8 at 28 weeks with my son, so I felt like I was a week behind gestationally and like that meant that if things followed course, I would barely make it to 30 weeks before going into labor. I have to try to remember that this time I do have the cerclage in place and don't know how that will factor in. Even if my body is showing changes more quickly than before, it is not a guarantee of doom, right?? At least the cervix is still totally closed.
Doc did increase my procardia to every 4 hours instead of every 6, I am being much more compliant with the bed rest, and we also did a course of betamethazone. Just to be safe- just as we did with Donovan at 28 weeks.
On one hand, I know there is no guarantee I will deliver so early, but on the other I remember what it was like to wake up with the real labor contractions out of the blue with Donovan.
Hoping for better news this Friday.
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM »
Congrats to everyone making it this far!  I reached 34 weeks Sunday.  My OB is no longer doing vaginal ultrasounds, just manual cervix checks going forward, and no Ffn swabs anymore, as she said everyone woman starts to show positive around 34 weeks.  During all their focus on my shortened cervix, they stopped updating me on my baby's growth (I was diagnosed with a VCI and told that if baby didnt grow well, they would induce labor at 34 weeks.)  So when I went in for my appt today I asked about it and the nurse said that he is still ahead of the curve for growth, so there was no concern there.  My belly is huge!  Plus, I have gained a lot more weight than I would like since being put on bed rest.  Working on my feet 8-12 hours a day was really keeping me in shape, and laying around all the time has not done much for my figure.  Cant wait til I can be active again!  2 more weeks to go! 

And Erica, I dont have other children, but I have missed out on two friends' weddings.  It is really tough, but I made sure I sent my regards and asked for pictures as soon as possible so that I could see what I missed out on.  I just keep telling myself it's all worth it, though that doesnt take away the feeling you're missing out on life.  One of my friends jokingly offered to skype the ceremony to me so that I could see it...I almost took him up on it!  Haha. 

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012 at 08:32 AM »
Sorry, I'm late this week. No daycare Monday meant attempting to take it easy while also keeping a 17 month old entertained.  I'm 27+4 today, Saturday I'll reach my 2nd goal of 28 weeks! Not bad considering we were given a 25% chance of even making it to viability (our drs use 23.5 weeks). At my appointment last week my cervix was down to 1.3 from 1.5 2 weeks prior and "about" 2 after the cerclage.  The peri said he wasn't concerned because it was only a 2 mm difference, but see the numbers get less and less has me concerned.  He was fine with me keeping at the same activity level, but we've decided to cut back some more, I want this kid to stay in 10 more weeks if I can help it!  They did a growth and he was measuring 2 lb 11 oz, which is the 90th percentile and about 2 weeks ahead, but my first was big as well.

Erica, I know how you're feeling.  The last few weeks I've missed out on many things: birthday parties, a wedding, a close friends shower, and now I'll be missing a funeral too.  It's hard and I get down about it, but I've had people fill me in on details and show me pictures and just had to remind myself that while it's hard missing things now, the big picture is more important and the longer I can keep him in the better. 

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012 at 02:53 PM »
Sorry I'm late... yet again!

I'm still carrying my little baby girl at 36 and 5 =) Cannot believe I've made it this far! Basically off of bedrest. Was up ALL night the other night with contractions but nothing felt different about them so I stayed home and dealt with it! I can't believe this baby was so anxious to come out a few weeks ago and now that I'm getting more and more uncomfortable she just wants to stay put! Oh well, more time to prepare which you can't complain about! Great job ladies =) This is my longest pregnancy yet!!! YAY!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)