Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Accomplished  (Read 2937 times)

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Accomplished
« on: June 02, 2012 at 02:50 PM »
Today I hit the 37 week mark =) WOW!

My first two were born at 34 and 35 weeks and here I sit wondering what in the heck I am still doing pregnant. I went to see my OB (who I would recommend to the world) and she walks in and was like "How in the world are you still pregnant???" I told her I had been wondering the same thing. This pregnancy has been by far the worst with the short cervix and starting to dilate at 23 weeks. I have been dilated to 5 for over 7 weeks and when my OB check me on Thursday I was dilated to 6! I am about 15 minutes away from the hospital so I thought it was a little risky sending me home as I would have to pack up my two kids which would make for about a 25-30 minute trip to the hospital, not including time it would take to drop them off at my mother in law's. Anyway... I'm just having a great day and feel amazing... 7 weeks in the hospital, so much stress, and now I am okay.... it's a huge weight off of my shoulders! I have been out of the hospital for 3 weeks and basically off of bedrest for 2 weeks and have only went into the hospital once for contractions and that was the day my husband's grandpa passed! I have a great feeling of accomplishment even though I have been feeling like I have been doing absolutely NOTHING since February! Thanks for all of the support and listening to any rants I might have went on and reading my relentless posting over the last several weeks! You women are amazing ;)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Heather

• View Profile
Re: Accomplished
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012 at 04:26 PM »
Congrats!!! It's amazing that you've made it this far and now you're techincally full term!!!

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012 at 09:17 PM »
congratulations, mommaof3!  you deserve every ounce of pride and joy you're feeling right now.  you have a miracle baby in your tummy :)
YOU are amazing!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012 at 02:09 AM »
Way to go Momma!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy that lil one whenever that is:)

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012 at 12:43 PM »
Congrats Mommaof3!!! You have done such an amazing job, and I know how hard you have worked and struggled to make it this far.  We were both on hospital bed rest at around the same time and I always read your posts and felt somewhat comforted that there was someone else who was going through the same torture as me - with being so far away from family. I wish you all the best from here on out!!!

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012 at 04:28 PM »
Congratulations for making it term!! Every story like this I read gives me more hope. Thank you!!
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....