Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to site :) baby # 3  (Read 2081 times)

Kgaudreau

• View Profile
New to site :) baby # 3
« on: June 03, 2012 at 08:54 PM »
 My names krystal and i have a 5 year old daughter who was born at 33 +4 days and going into preterm labor at 29 weeks . I was on strict hospital bedrest until i delivered. She was 4lbs 11oz and spent two weeks in the nicu. Than my son had 17p shots and even though i had a short cervix he was delivered at 36 + 6 days after 8 weeks of bedrest weighing 6lbs even and is a silly two year old. Now im currently 22+2 days with another baby boy started 17p shots at 17 weeks again and everything had held so far! Im just nervous and praying i make it to 36 weeks again. Im also hoping that since i now work at a job where i sit at a desk for 8 hrs helps because before i was standing up for 8hrs which had pressure directly on my cervix. Thanks :)

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: New to site :) baby # 3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012 at 03:08 PM »
I wish you all the luck in the world!

My first was born at 35 weeks and the second was born at 34 weeks with no other complications. With this (third) pregnancy they found that my cervix was short and started the progesterone shots and prescribed bedrest =( I was okay until 23 weeks and had preterm labor and was hospitalized for a week. Things stabilized and then I was sent home only to go into labor again at 28 weeks and hospitalized for six straight weeks! Now that I'm out and have been for three weeks (I think) it all seems like a distant memory but when I was first told I'd be in the hospital for so long I was ruined! I'm almost glad that I had to go through that because it made me appreciate my family so much more than I could have imagined I could! I am now 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant with this crazy child that gave us all such a scare and it feels great. I feel so accomplished and I hope your situation turns out just as good or better than mine! You deserve it!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM »
Hi, Krystal! Just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm sending positive thougts your way! With the 17P shots and a less physical job, it sounds like this time around will be a much easier road. Wishing you the best! Keep us posted...

Kgaudreau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012 at 08:41 PM »
Hi everyone just updating I'm now 31 weeks and 2 days and not on bed rest no funneling cervix is still long over 3 only thing is the dr said my cervix is wicked soft but normal considering it's my third!