Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Happy June! Roll Call for Monday June 4th  (Read 5906 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Happy June! Roll Call for Monday June 4th
« on: June 04, 2012 at 06:00 AM »
I'm sure some of you are surprised to have made it to June still cookin'! Anything is possible, ladies! Tell us what you are looking forward to this week...

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

jmegio

• View Profile
Re: Happy June! Roll Call for Monday June 4th
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012 at 10:25 AM »
32w2d today... looking forward to my husband's first, full week home with me, now that the school year is over.  i have an extensive list of things that need to get done before this baby arrives; lucky him!  i'm also very thankful that we're able to keep our son in daycare through the month of june (we usually pull him out during the summer) because there's NO way we could keep him adequately stimulated here at home.

getting super anxious to come off bed rest, so i better relax and still take one day at a time.
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012 at 12:16 PM »
Hey Everyone.  I am now 34 weeks 3 days and no one can really believe that I have made it this far.  I have now done 11 weeks of bed rest and when I look back on it i feel like the time really has flown by.  I am not being very strict with my bed rest anymore.  I don't leave my house unless its for an appointment but I do putter around trying to do a bit of nesting here and there.  The problem is that I am so weak now and my belly is so huge that my poor back can only handle a few mins of standing before I have to lay flat again. 
This past saturday I started having regular contractions that were strong enough for me to notice, but not strong enough for me to have to stop what I was doing.  I tried laying down, drinking water, having a warm bath but they persisted and started to get stronger, so I called my midwife and she came over to check and observe me.  It turns out I was 3cm dilated with about 1/2 cm of cervix left when she arrived at my house at around 4pm.  We sat around for about an hour and the contractions kept getting stronger and were 2-3 mins apart so she rechecked me to see if there had been any change and my cervix had changed a little bit and was now 4cm and paper thin.  My midwife told me to call my mom and get my things together for the hospital.  I couldn't believe that this was it....and neither could my husband.  When my mom arrived to take care of our son we were out the door and straight to the hospital where they were all waiting for us.  I guess 34 week twins get a lot of attention there because I could not believe the commotion that took place in our room.  Anyways, long story short, I was contracting every 2-3 mins but they were not getting stronger and after about 2 hours at the hospital they started to go away.  My cervix held strong at 4cm and the dr decided that I should stay the night incase they picked up again, but they never did.  I went back home sunday morning and since then have had occasion bouts of regular but not too strong contractions.  Not too sure how much longer I will be pregnant for at this point, but I am laying low and hoping to make it a few more weeks  :)

Mommaof3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012 at 01:52 PM »
Still here, 37 weeks and 2 days.

Absolutely astonished and at this point cannot wait to go into labor! Contraction episodes keeping me up at night and I never know whether or not to go in because I'm dilated to 6 and 15 minutes away from the hospital! Ugh!

Thank you everyone and thank God we finally got a full term pregnancy under our belt!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
28+2 and still here! Thank heavens we've made it to goal #2, now here's to shooting for the 30's.  I haven't had a recent appointment, so no new measurements.  I am concerned how my next appointment is going to go. I was able to get out briefly today which was nice, but I wish it was for other circumstances ( I was given permission to go to the service only for my husband's grandma's funeral).

I've been reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton which I've thouroughly enjoyed so far and hope to finish in the next day or 2.  I'm also hoping to start a Shutterfly book for my son's first year (I've planned on doing it the whole time I've been on bed rest and really need to start or I won't finish before this one comes).

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012 at 04:41 PM »
Actuallly checking in on Monday in stead of late like usual.
I am so happy to have made it past the 28 week mark, now being 28+1. I feel so much more relaxed, though I know we still have a ways to go. I have been on bed rest now for 14.5 weeks, and I think that might be my threshold, since now I am feeling 'bang head against the wall' bored. There are only so many movies you can watch, naps you can take, and books you can read.
I had a rough week, and really expected more bad news from the doctor on Friday. My aunt passed away very suddenly late Sunday night. She and my mother were very close, and I felt so helpless being unable to do more for her. I did go to the Memorial Day get together at my sister's, but laid low the whole time like a good girl. It was very nice to get out. It is always a good time when my siblings and I get together. And very chaotic I will admit. Tuesday was may Aunt's visitation, and I didn't go. I talked to my mom wishing I could help more since she was hosting the post funeral luncheon the following day. All my sisters were there cooking and cleaning and getting things together, and all I could do was lay on my couch feeling worthless. That is when the contractions started- tightening low in the uterus and I thought I could feel tension on my cerclage. Some Kegels helped the cerclage feeling go away. Cramping, contractions and discomfort continued through Wednesday and Thursday. I had my husband give my progesterone shot 12 hours early (usually Thurs pm, we did it Thurs am). During the day Thursday things calmed down again, and by the time I went to the doctor I was feeling good again, but expecting bad news about my cervix due to the preceding days.  I had no contractions while on the toco monitor, and baby was so active it took some time to get enough of a heartrate tracing. They did not do a TV ultrasound to measure my cervix, but doc said it felt good. No tension, still closed, no notable shortening. I couldn't believe it! I even got permission to go to my sister's wedding later that day. It was a brief Justice of the Peace ceremony, but I got to go without feeling guilty. Saturday was her big open house/reception party, and I did not go to that as compromise from having been at the actual wedding.
So, it was a big week, a funeral, a wedding, but a good doctor appointment which was very nice. Next appointment is next Monday. Hopefully it will be more good news.
Congrats to all the moms still cooking, and to all the moms with new little ones!
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012 at 05:54 PM »
Quick update: After my post earlier, the dr.s office called with my 1 hr glucola test results; they were high like last time, so tomorrow I'm going to be able to get out of the house for 4! (I'm actually not excited about that, I remembered how boring it was last time and would rather be doing many other things than that if I'm going to be allowed up for more than usual.  I'm hoping I get lucky again and the 3 hr results are normal like they were with my first, but I'm afraid that between not being allowed to exercise and relying on others for food and shopping it might be a battle I can't win this time.  I'm also afraid of how that would factor in with every thing else and would guess they would also have to increase the amount of appointments that I'll have.  Crossing my fingers and praying for positive results!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012 at 01:57 PM »
Don't miss the live chat, starting at 2 pm! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

abby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012 at 11:31 AM »
Twins are 4 weeks old today, born at 37 weeks.  Everything is going great.  Babies are growing so well, actually started cereal at 3/1/2 weeks because they are drinking 5 oz at feedings and wanting more less than 2 hours later.  also been sleeping 6 hours at a clip most nights which is great for mom and dad.  I'm doing great, been jogging and just started p90x again.  My abs aren't working all that well though.  Lost 45 of 60 lbs and can't wait to lose the rest and get my body back.  the doctor that released me said I would never get my stomach back, but I will prove her wrong.  Stay strong ladies, I survived 13 weeks of bedrest thinking it would never end.  After giving birth and the hormones I can barely remember it,  all a distance memories.  Now just enjoying my boys and making new memories.
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012 at 04:56 PM »
I'm late, but I'm still here!  35+4 now, and my OB is really impressed with my progress.  She's been talking about taking me off bed rest at 36 weeks.  It hardly seems like enough time to get everything ready for the little one.  I've been trying to find a dresser or cabinet or something to house all of his things, but it's been tough, as I can only find items online and then send my boyfriend out to see them.  I have to take his word for what the furniture looks like.  He's a sweetheart though and has ultimately decided to just make me a custom cabinet, which he is starting today.  So that's something to look forward to.  I am continuously impressed by all the ladies here, and finding this forum has helped me maintain my sanity in the most depressed moments.  I know I dont interact much, but just being able to see other women's experiences with this has been very helpful.  Thanks so much!

Rosa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012 at 06:38 PM »
my update: my beautifull baby girl was born at exactly 37 weeks :) i was going to get up at 5pm on friday, at t end of week 36, but my waters started leaking at 4pm so i called my partner and waited for him to get home and drive me to hospital. I onlu started having mild contractions on t way there. Long story short: labour progressed slowly, i was only 5cm dilated at 6pm and by 1am i was screaming for an epidural. Wish i had asked for it before, but i had been promised a short 'painless' labour. Turned out her head was in a weird position even though she was head down, t doctor had to twist her around... In t end her heart rate started slowing down and t doctor had to cut me a bit and take her out with forceps. She also had her umbilical cord around her neck!
She didn't need any special care at all and as she was officially  born at 37 weeks (she as born at 3.43am!) they weren't worried. They noticed she was yellow 2 days later and tested for jaundice, test was positive so we had to stay extra time in hospital while she had light therapy and i had to express to top up. Not sure if she was slow to eat because of t jaundice, but only 1 week later she seems to have learnt to open her mouth properly to latch.

Anyway, another sucessfull bed-rest story! And t midwife told me as z matter of fact,  while i was in labour,that bed rest is proven not to work! Haha... Really???
first pregnancy, IC - due to Lletz in 2010?
progesterone pessaries since wk 22 - cervix 1.6cm
bedarrest since wk 24 - cervix measure 1.4cm
hospital strict bedarrest at wk 26 - cervix 8mm
back at home, strick bedarrest since week 28 - cervix 1cm
cervix dilated 2cm at week 35

wild+wee

• View Profile
    • wild + wee
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but am happy to have already survived 4 weeks of strict bed rest due to soft, short cervix with funneling + contractions.

I'm currently at 29w3d with baby #2 + have been struggling to stay positive through the ups + downs of bed rest. I've been doing mini-treats each day (chocolate, blowing up balloons + playing catch with my 2 yr old, foot massages from my DH) + weekly celebrations (cake, flowers + special dinners).

As you all know, the worry + stress + being unable to just get up + do anything is tough... there are only so many books you can read, movies you can watch before you start to go a little stir crazy.

In order to have something to look forward to, I've decided to have a little fun with the whole situation: each week that I'm stuck here on bed rest I'm going to do a silly bed rest photo.

Because it gives me something to think about + do, & it makes me laugh + not feel like I'm slowly going insane from all this inactivity.

So if anyone else needs a laugh, check out my 1st bed rest photo shoot @ www.wildandwee.com - Bed Rest Survivor: Maui :) 
mama to Aaron (3/3/2010) - born @ 35 weeks + 3 days
on SBR w/ sweet baby girl (due Aug 22, 2012)
blogging about my bedrest journey @ www.wildandwee.com