Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bleeding with cerclage at almost 32 weeks  (Read 10035 times)

claire1228

• View Profile
Bleeding with cerclage at almost 32 weeks
« on: June 07, 2012 at 12:39 PM »
Last Friday evening (i had made 31 weeks that day) I went to the bathroom to pee and as I was going, I felt something "come out". I could tell it was a blood clot. Sure enough, it was a clot, about the size of a quarter, followed by a gush of blood. My hubby rushed me to L&D. My doc happened to be on call so he was there. He checked me and everything looked good. He thought I was going into labor. He said that when you have a cerclage , you can begin to bleed like that when you go into labor. By the next afternoon, the bleeding had completely stopped. He kept me in the hospital for a few days to monitor us (both the baby and I) and I came home on Monday. I haven't had anymore bleeding since. He said that when he checked me vaginally that the cerclage felt "tight", so the bleeding was most likely caused from that and also the pressure on the cerclage. Has anyone else with a cerclage had any bleeding episodes like this? I had a bleed around 23 weeks but that was from placenta previa. I no longer have a previa so we know the bleeding wasnt from that. Thanks for the help ladies  :)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

stacem628

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding with cerclage at almost 32 weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012 at 11:29 PM »
I had a cerclage with my last pregnancy at 14 weeks.  I had slight bleeding around 30/32 weeks as well.  I was checked out and things looked good... when I finally had my babes at 34 weeks a 3mm tear at the stitch was discovered.  So it looks like the bleeding was caused by pressure ripping the cervix.  Everything worked out and everything healed, but that's what it was for me! 
<Connor James>  July 19-21, 2009
27 weeks

Colby John: July 19, 2009
27 weeks

Sydney Hope: May 25, 2011
34 weeks

Zoe Elizabeth: May 25, 2011
34 weeks

Hunter Jacob: March 4, 2013
35 weeks

claire1228

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding with cerclage at almost 32 weeks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012 at 09:58 AM »
Thanks Stace. My doc says that there is lots of pressure on my cervix so we are pretty sure thats what caused me to bleed. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again tho cause it's scary no matter what. I just gotta stick to this bedrest !!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12