Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 2324 times)

bloom

• View Profile
New to the site
« on: June 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM »
Hello Everyone
My name is Daniela, I'm 16 weeks and 3 days pregnant on bed rest.
I had a cerclage last Monday (June 4, 15 weeks and 2 days) for IC, after the surgery the doctor said that the cervix was basically gone, she had to pulled it back (no idea how she did that) and put a cerclage. I went for a check up Friday and the cervix looks better, but I don't know how long it is. Now I'm on bed rest.
I will start my progesterone shot next Friday at 17 weeks.
At the 12 weeks appointment the cervix was fine, but because I had a cerclage with my first pregnancy we decided to do it even with this one. Between week 12 and week 15 the cervix changed drastically. But I'm glad the doctor was able to put the cerclage, now I hope that with bed rest and P17 Shot I can keep the baby until at least week 32.

This is a great forum, it is wonderful to read abut so many successful stories.
I wish good luck to all of you

Mommaof3

• View Profile
Re: New to the site
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012 at 01:00 AM »
I hope that you have a successful story to share at the end of all of this as well =)

Hopefully with your cerclage, bedrest, and P17 injections things will roll on through! My last p17 injection was when I was 35 weeks pregnant and I delivered when I was 37 weeks (last week). I think the shots did wonders because my first two children were both premature (34 and 35 weeks) so this was a whole new experience! It sounds like you have great proactive doctors so that is encouraging!

I hope everything works out for you ;) Good luck!
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, heatlhy
Child #2: Born at 34 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Short Cervix at 21 weeks, strict bedrest for 3 months, 7 weeks of which were hospitalized, dilated to 5 at 28 weeks, baby born at 37 weeks and perfect =)

iza_bel_2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012 at 04:52 AM »
Welcome,

You will indeed find great support here and also a place to vent a bit when needed :) Hope your journey will have a happy ending. The progesterone shots do wanders, I took high dosages of progesterone in pills (no shots available here) and my cervix was growing back to acceptable length after each bleed and wave of bad contractions..(I had a bleeding previa and numerus near birth experiences after each bleeding episode) . Hope yours will do good too.

Good luck
Boy no1: 38+6 natural birth uneventful pregnancy
Boy no2: 37+4 c-section after 14 weeks of bedrest due to bleeding previa

claire1228

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM »
Hello Daniela, I also have a cerclage, had it put in at 18 weeks due to short cervix. I also have been on the p17 shots since then. My doc put me on strict bedrest after the cerclage. I am now 32weeks 4days, hoping to make it to next goal of 36 weeks. But, I am honestly happy I have made it this far ! To you, 32 weeks may sound far away but I promise it really does pass by quick! Just listen to your doc and stay positive. Bedrest really does work wonders for mamas in our position! Keep us updated!  :)
Child #1: Born at 35 weeks, healthy
Child #2: Born at 30 weeks, healthy
Child #3: Cerclage at 18 weeks (cervix 2.2cm), on bedrest since, 27w3d as of 5/7/12

Taya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012 at 03:19 AM »
Welcome to the site!! These mommas know what you are going through and are here for you! Let us know if you need anything!!!!