Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: How did you know when it was time to go on bed rest?  (Read 2477 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
How did you know when it was time to go on bed rest?
« on: September 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM »
What symptoms were you having? Did you call your doc or go to L&D? What advice would you give to other women who think they might be in preterm labor?

ishybug

• View Profile
Re: How did you know when it was time to go on bed rest?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM »
I kept complaining of pain in my pelivs and my back and contracitons my OB didn't believe me I went to the hospital twice in one week for them to stop the contractions they called my ob and he didn't want to do anything about it and the hospital told me that I need to be on bedrest and that was what I needed to do because at 26 weeks having contractions and they couldn't get them to completely stop.  It took two additional weeks for my doctor to go along what the hospital said for me to do.

KristieMcNealy

• View Profile
Re: How did you know when it was time to go on bed rest?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009 at 04:18 PM »
The 1st time, I was having a ton of contractions and just didn't feel right.  The docs put me on bedrest ater they examined me.  With the next, I was having cramps, and had a positive ffn.  This time it was a complete surprise.  I went to a routine ultrasound, and they found that my cervix was shortening...  See your doc regardless, and be persistent.  By the time I ended up on bedrest the 1st time, it was a little late, and my baby arrived at 31 weeks!