Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday July 2  (Read 3719 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday July 2
« on: July 02, 2012 at 10:14 AM »
Welcome to the many new members of the Keep 'Em Cookin' community who have joined us this past week! I'm thrilled you found us! A great way to get involved here is to offer support to other new members. Look for posts that are new or that haven't had many replies. And many thanks to ALL of you old pros for the great support you're providing one another. You are amazing!

So tell us how many weeks along you are, and get us up to date on anything that happened last week. Any appointments this week? And what do you have planned this week to keep you busy?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat: Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time for a live chat with other bedrest moms and bedrest graduates: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

bloom

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday July 2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012 at 12:34 PM »
Hello Everyone
I'm Bloom (Daniela) from the Chicago area. I'm 19 weeks and 3 days today. I had the cerclage at 15 weeks and it went well. Last Friday the doctor told me that I still need to take it easy, stay with my feet up as much as possible. My cervix is only 1 cm and still soft, but the cerclage is doing it job.
The cervix was basically gone before the cerclage and from the cerclage it is been stable but still short and soft.  I'm scared because I'm barely 20 weeks, and I have a long way to go. The progesterone shot helps a lot.

I miss my daughter, she is in Italy with my parents and family, but it is easier without her.

This week I have the 20 weeks ultrasound, looking forward to that. I'll probably stay home for the 4th, even though the doctor said I can go to visit friends if once I'm there I lay down in a lounge chair.

I hope everybody is doing well
Take care
adaniela

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012 at 03:26 PM »
I'm still here - 36w3d!!  I have stopped all meds, so now it's just a waiting game.  I'm already 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced, which severly limits what I can do, so I'm pretty eager to move on to the next phase of my life and have this baby girl (an extreme blessing that I might make it to term, though).  Best of luck to all the newcomers -- you can do it!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

SRKDVMMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012 at 04:30 PM »
Still here, 32+1!!!
Missed checking in last week since I had an eventful night. Last Sunday night I started having contractions that escalated to every 4 minutes. They lasted almost an hour and a half. I was very nervous, took my procardia early, drank tons of water, moved around, had a snack..Finally I sat in the tub in a warm bath with lavendar and chamomile epsom salts. That seemed to do the trick and things calmed down. I got lightly repremanded by the doc the next day for not calling. They did have me go in on a more urgent basis on Monday, sit on the monitor, but of course thins looked pretty good then. They did up my procardia to 20mg every 4 hrs from the 10mg. Cervix was holding though, doing well. Thurday was rechecked- no contractions on monitor and no changes in cervix. My next appointment is on the 5th; we will have another full growth ultrasound to be sure there is no evidence of IUGR. Given how much this kid moves, I think we will be fine.
I am in to new record territory, as my son was born at 31+4. I am so excited to have made it 32 weeks, and things still seem very calm. Next goal is 34 weeks. Don't know if I dare hope for 36. But, considering I thought for sure this was going to be a June baby, I am so glad to still be pregnant. Even if it does mean more bed rest.... I am about at my wits end with that.
Preemie momma
Expecting #2:
-Hemi-uterus
-Cerclage at 13.5 weeks
-Progesterone shots weekly
-Subchorionic hemorrhage at 15 weeks
-Bed rest since 13.5 weeks and counting....

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012 at 04:47 PM »
Still here, 32+2 today!  Counting down to 34 when I'll be allowed to do swim lessons with my 18 month old son and can go to the store for short trips, but will still be on some sort of bed rest until 36 weeks. I just keep crossing off the days, glad that there is an end in site.  The cerclage comes out July 31st, then it'll be a waiting game, but we keep telling him he needs to wait until Aug 4th when I'll be 37 weeks and if he wants to wait until my scheduled c-section that's fine by me too (would actually give me time to get some things in order).  Has anyone had a cerclage removed?  What should I expect?

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012 at 01:53 PM »
We're about 5 minutes away from the bedrest live chat! Stop by! http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012 at 09:54 AM »
Hi
My name is Nicky and I am 22 weeks and 3 days. I am from Minnesota.
I just had a cerclage put in on Friday the 29th and have been on bedrest since.
meet with MFM yesterday and things are looking like the cerclage is holding baby in tight. Up to 3 which the doc was pleased to see being I was just a little under 1 on Friday.