Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Poll

the hits just keep coming

help
0 (0%)
advice
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: help..i cant do this anymore!!!  (Read 2785 times)

katiemappes

• View Profile
help..i cant do this anymore!!!
« on: July 02, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Hi everyone...i was admitted to the hospitall 2 weeks ago for preterm labor. Im now 30 weeks with boy gir twins. I was just now diagnosed with Bells Palsy. The hits just keep coming. I am so ready to be done and i xont think i can go on much longer. I need help. Now they say im going to be here on bedrest til i deliver. I just dont think i can go on. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

bloom

• View Profile
Re: help..i cant do this anymore!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012 at 12:46 PM »
Katie
I'm very sorry you are in this painful situation, but try to stay calm, you can do it. Trust the doctors and everything will be fine.
Think positive, in the hospital you are under control 24 hours a day, they can help immediately and in the best way.
Stay strong
Daniela

cercmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012 at 09:50 AM »
Hang in there dear. You have done a wonderful job so far, may your strength be renewed.

jp99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012 at 06:18 PM »
Hi Katie, I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.  Bells Palsy on top of hospital bed rest - its terrible.  I just had my twin girls 2 weeks ago at 36 +5 weeks after doing 3 months of bed rest - 8 of them in hospital 2 hours away from my family.  It was possibly the hardest thing I have ever done and I can remember feeling the same way as you - that I couldn't do it anymore, and that I didn't want to do it anymore.  I was always given the impression by my doctors that I would not make it out of the hospital until delivery either - but then I made it to 32 weeks and I was allowed to go back to the hospital in my home town, and my doctor there agreed to let me do my bed rest at home.  After 34 weeks I stopped doing strict bed rest - although by that time I was so weak and so huge with my twin belly that moving around the house was very difficult.  I eventually made it to 36 +5 and was induced as I was already 6cm dilated and my doctor figured it was as good a time as any. 
Hang in there, try to take it day by day, and I hope that your bells palsy goes away soon.  I know its hard to imagine right now, but before you know it you will look back at this time and be thankful that you stuck it out, and it will all be a distant memory :-)

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012 at 11:08 PM »
Don't give up!!!  It seems like a long time and like it can't be done, but you can do it; set small goals for yourself and take it a day at a time.  As to the Bells Palsy, I know it can seem scary having it.  How severe is your case?  My sister also had this, but you'd never know now.  It was actually the second time she had bells palsy. 

You are in the best place right now for you and your babies.
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages