Author Topic: 24 weeks pregnant with twins on hospital bed rest - New to this site  (Read 1804 times)

2BabyBlues

• View Profile
Hi, I'm Brenda. I recently joined and I'm very happy to be able to talk to women that are going through the same thing as me.  I'm 24 weeks pregnant with identical boys and I have been on bed rest for a month, the last 4 days in the hospital.  I had a rescue cerclage 3 1/2 weeks ago and I'm down to the stitch.  Just wanted to reach out and hear positive stories, because although I have many good days, some days are pretty rough :(. I'm scared but praying for the best.

Hope to get to know all of you!
Brenda

2BabyBlues

• View Profile
Oh and I meant 24 weeks!!!  A big milestone for us today!!

Heather

• View Profile
Congrats on viability!!! That will be one of your first sighs of relief, at least it was for me.  My membranes have been funneling to the stitch (they actually had to push them up to even do the cerclage) since my cerclage was placed at 19 weeks, I'm now at 34 weeks (with a singleton though)!  For the longest time they sounded very concerned about the funneling and the threat of preterm labor, but in the last several weeks they've relaxed significantly. While I was given a 25% chance of making it to viability and was told we would not make it to term, they are now hopeful that I might even make it to my scheduled c-section.  Keep up the good work of rest, I know it can be rough.

breeanna

• View Profile
i feel you i am on bed rest to i have a complete placenta previa it is where your placenta is right on top of your cervex and if any thing goes inside of me it will break the placenta it is supper painful and the worst thing is the baby has to come early by sea section from 30 to 38 weeks they want me to have my baby

2BabyBlues

• View Profile
Thank you ladies so much for your replies :) im so happy to talk to someone!  Yes I'm so grateful to reach vitality!!! Yayyy!!! Im still hanging here in the hospital, hoping to keep my babies cooking a lot longer :) my cervix is a little bit better, not bulging anymore.  I'm hooked to a catheter, but unfortunately I started getting a UTI.  Im on antibiotics and the Dr and I decided it was better to keep it since otherwise I would get up every 20 -30 min to use the bathroom.  So we are just going to keep a close eye on it.  It was discovered right away an my body had flushed out most of it before I even got the meds.  To tOp it off, my veneer popped off a o couple of days ago...  Luckily it didn't break, and my husband had a dentist come in.  He will be gluing it back on on Friday.  Luckily my mother in law was here when it happened and she gave me her denture glue.  That's what I have been using as a quick fix, otherwise I'd die!  My real tooth looks scary.  Oh the vanity!! You have no idea how I've learned to just laugh things off lately.  Lol.  Congratulations to both of you!!  You're both way ahead Of me and If you deliver any day, your babies will be great I'm sure.  I hope to keep in touch.  To another week ladies....  and then more!!  ;)

Lots of love
Brenda

abby

• View Profile
I was also pregnant with twins.  things started at 24 weeks.  Although I luckily was only put on modified bedrest at home.  My Cervix was 90% effaced and funneling down to 1.7 and they never even put me on strict bedrest.  I carried until 37 weeks!  I even tried everything I could to go into labor after 34 weeks and couldn't get them out.  Stay positive and hopeful.  Your babies will come when they are good and ready!
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

bloom

• View Profile
Congrats for 24th weeks.
I'm 22 and I've been on modified bed rest since my cerclage at 15 weeks. When I had my cerclage my cervix was basically gone, the doctor had to pull it back and put the sticks. At the 20 weeks ultrasound my cervix was almost 4 cm long, so I guess bed rest really helps :)
stay strong :) I'm trying to stay positive too, I hope to reach 34 weeks, and right now 12 weeks seems so long, but hopefully it will go fast :)

twins

• View Profile

Hi Brenda,

I am a bed rest graduate who still peruses the site from time to time and I just wanted to give you a little hope! Our story is very similar, I was pregnat with twins, short cervix at twenty weeks and rescue cerclage at 21 weeks when my cervix measured 1 cm.I was petrified!  I spent a little over three months on bed rest and delivered my twins at 33 weeks and 4 days.  My cervix hovered between one and two cm the entire 13 weeks of bed rest until my water broke unexpectedly. Bed rest was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is now a distant memory as I chase around my crawling twins! Try to stay positive and keep your eye on the prize - two healthy babies born at term or close to it! Big hugs and positive thoughts your way!

Laura
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!