Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 16  (Read 5172 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 16
« on: July 16, 2012 at 07:24 AM »
Hello, my dears! Please let us know how many weeks you are and if you have anything new to report. Any appointments this week?

Also, I want to thank each of you for the inspiration you provide to one another! It's great to see how you all reach out to new members of the group and to women in similar situations!

Be sure to come out for the Tuesday live chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesday at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 16
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Hello
I am Nicky and I am currently 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

I had an appointment with MFM on Friday and things are still holding tight. I have been on bedrest since June 29th when I had my cerclage put in.

I have an OB appointment today and my GD test. Friday another check with MFM and if all still looks good they may stop seeing me weekly and change it every other week which makes me a little nervous. I liked the reassurance of weekly appointments .

Kdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012 at 02:12 PM »
Hi ladies-
I'll be at 32 weeks on Thursday and have been on bedrest for 12 weeks now due to an incompetent cervix. I had a cerclage put in at 20 wks.  I'm starting to think forward and count how many weeks I have to go, which is now 7 because I will have a c-section at 39 wks. It feels like the end is somewhat near, though I don't want it too near because I still need to keep this baby baking! My doc told me at my last appt to not become too complacent and think I can start doing a bunch of stuff, so I'm trying to remember that. It's hard tho cuz I want to organize and get the nursery ready, etc..and I can't. For all those who are just joining, hang in there, it's surprising how quickly time has actually gone by, tho there r some days or weeks that seemed longer than others....
-Kristin

jmegio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012 at 02:49 PM »
I'm still here too - 38w3d! Since I'm far enough along and already 6 cm dilated, my doctor will be inducing me this Saturday!  I never thought I'd be a candidate for an induction unrelated to health concerns or be delivering a full-term baby, so there's hope ladies that things will work out just fine! Keep the faith and try to think positively! I spent 12 weeks on strict bed rest and one week on modified for a dangerously short cervix, with no cerclage, and I've been leading a pretty normal life the past two weeks! You are all warriors for doing this, and I wish you the best! I know as you're living it, time may seem to move at a snail's pace, but when you look back on what you've accomplished, you'll be surprised by how quickly it's going. Hang in there!
First Child Born @ 35 wks + 1, after 12 wks of bed rest
Second Child Born @ 39 wks, after 13 wks of bed rest

SisterRez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012 at 03:14 PM »
on July 11th  (40+3!!) I went in for my non stress test.  They discovered that my little guy was having periodic drops in his heart rate.  They reasoned that he must be leaning on his cord, because of my vellamentous cord insertion.  They immediately admitted me and started talking about inducing labor.  Despite all my medical issues I really wanted a natural birth, so I was upset.  My OB agreed to start by stripping my membranes, which started the labor process, but not as fast as she wanted.  8 hours later she broke my water, but I was stuck at 6cm and my cervix was off to the side.  I eventually let them give me the lowest dosage of pitocin they could, and then real labor started happening.  I managed to avoid an epidural, and though it wasnt what I had imagined labor being for me, it was what needed to happen for the baby.  15 hours later, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, but very small baby boy.  He weighs 5 lbs 10 oz and is 19 inches long!

I took him to his first pediatrician appt today and met a girl in the office complex that is 4 months pregnant and on bed rest due to vasa previa.  I told her about this forum and encouraged her to check it out...so there may be a new member soon.

Good luck to all the rest of you ladies! 

Heather

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012 at 04:03 PM »
34+2 today!!!! While I'm hoping he'll hang out at least until 37 weeks (Aug 4th) or even my scheduled c-section on Aug 15th, I'm so excited to make it this far, especially when we had almost no hope at the beginning of all of this.  I haven't gone to perinatology since 29 weeks, they told me I was done unless I start bleeding or contracting, but I go back at 36 weeks for a growth.  I see my OB on Wed.  I did have to call last night because I was having tightening 3-4 times an hour for the entire afternoon, but my OB was actually ok with it this time and told me to just take it easy and that she's not worried unless they increase in frequency and or intensity, which is so different then the last several times I've had to call. 

alexapetska

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012 at 05:10 PM »
Hello, im Alexa,
I am currently 22.1 weeks along and so far cervix is holding at 3.3 Im doing ok. body really hurts from laying here all day. lol! I have a cervial scan on wed. So wish us luck!!! Cerclage is still bothering me. but I guess thats normal.

Mroth1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012 at 09:39 PM »
Hi,
I'm 25 weeks and on hospital bed rest.  I had a few scares over the weekend- bleeding and fluid leaking- but things seemed to stabilize for now.  All of you are such amazing women and your stories give me hope!

bloom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012 at 07:55 PM »
Hello everyone
I'm 21 weeks and 4 days. With the cerclage, the progesterone shot and the rest, I feel pretty good. Some days I do more than I probably should, but it is hard to rest all day every day. I'm on modified bed rest for now, I'm allowed to do some activities but not too many.
I do see the doctor every week as well, and make me feel good.
I hope everyone is doing well

2BabyBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012 at 01:12 PM »
Hello, a little late for Monday but I thought I buzz in anyways.  I'm 24 weeks 4 days on hospital bed rest for the past week and one day.  Hanging in there.   A lot of things have happened this week, I've had a couple of small breakdowns but I managed to get back in good spirit every time.  My cervix is down to the stitch and funneling, when I came in the sac was bulging but since it seems it got a little better.  I only get up for bowel movements.  I was on bed rest before I came in here at home for 3 weeks. 

I'm expecting identical boys. 

Wishing you all the best! Hang in there!

Brenda