Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 30  (Read 4545 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 30
« on: July 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM »
You're closing in on August!

I remember reading this string of posts -- http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=1331.0 -- and thinking about my biggest bed rest regret. I felt so frumpy and depressed on bed rest that the last thing I wanted to do was be around other people. But that was exactly what I needed! I didn't want people to see my messy house and unstyled hair, and I felt like I wouldn't be a very good host. You know what? Your real friends don't care one bit! Those few times that I invited a friend over, or told a family member what I needed to make bedrest just a little bit easier, THAT is what I remember. Even now I'm still thankful for my college roommate who brought me my favorite chicken salad sandwich! Invite people into your space, and see how it makes you feel.

Now to Roll Call: How many weeks are you? How are you feeling? Any appointments coming up? What will you be looking forward to this week?

Keep 'Em Cookin', mamas!
Angela

P.S. Don't miss our live chat tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

gtsonora

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 30
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM »
22 weeks today, cerclage for IC.  Feeling ok with odd contractions if I do much of anything.  I do feel a sense of optimism that I've made it a 1 1/2 weeks so far.  Next sono is on Friday.

Even though I'm trying to work from home still (not too successfully), this week I'm looking forward to trying some new craft projects I bought supplies for online and enjoying the change of scenery and more time with my family (DH, and kids 3 and 1) on the twin bed we borrowed that is now in the living room.

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM »
I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here :) 32 wks, 2 days. I made it through 15 wks on modified bedrest before a visit to L&D and being put on strict bedrest 3 weeks ago. My dr will let me off when I hit 34 wks. He's having me continue the progesterone shots until I deliver or 36 wks, whichever comes first. Baby's dropped and is at -1 station, but I haven't started to dilate yet, so we're doing well :)
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

erica11775

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
31 wks 4 days. Still cooking. The car seat is finally purchased thanks to Pappy and just needs to be picked up when I go to my next appt on Friday at 32 weeks. At this point I feel as though I am sitting on a bowling ball and almost constantly feel like I have a UTI but nothing is showing in my screenings so I am just assuming that she is pressed against my bladder :-) I started working on getting atuff prepared for my older daughter for a bag when we have to go to the hospital. I had hubby get empty labled bottles from the pharmacy so I could get her medicines together. Has anyone els packed a bag for an older child. I should probably get to work on my bag as well. I am less then 2 weeks from the time my water broke wit my oldest and less then 3 from when I delivered her. It's getting so close.

Erica

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012 at 02:09 PM »
Ladies! We're live in the Chat Room: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Kdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012 at 07:06 PM »
I'm still here, I hit 34 weeks on thurs! Was on bedrest since 20 weeks.....doc said I can start to move around more! I'm trying not to do too much, but after lying down for so long, it's really hard. I feel very optimistic at this point and am hoping I make it to sept.10, which is my c-section day.  Hang in there ladies!

2BabyBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012 at 07:42 PM »
26 weeks, 2 days!! Still cooking!  I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks now.  I have mostly good days but I must admit some days have been pretty rough.  Now looking back, the 3 weeks did go faster than I expected. I stay busy finding different things to do.  Hubby spends the night here everyday and tries so hard to make sure I am as comfortable as I can.  I'm expecting my perinatologist at any minute now to measure the babies and take a look at my cervix.  I really hope I get good news :)

Wishing all of you many more cooking' weeks ;)

xoxo
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 at 01:43 PM by 2BabyBlues »

bloom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012 at 11:06 PM »
Hello everyone
I'm here too, 23 and half, after 8  weeks of modified bed rest. I feel good, and since the cerclage, my cervix is been soft but stable. So stable is good.
I'm getting ready to have my oldest daughter back home. She is still in Italy with my family and she is coming home Sunday finally :)
I don't know if anybody feel the same, the problem for me is that I feel good. I'm not that big yet and since the cerclage I don't have any pressure on my lower belly and it is hard to don't do anything. My cervix (at least few weeks ago during the ultrasound) was almost 4 cm long, so in the normal range, but because it is soft, my doctor explained to me that I need to take it easy, and rest as much as I can.
The thing that scare me the most, is that everything can change in a day, and I'm always worried that at the next check up they find something wrong.
Two days before my cerclage, my belly dropped and I felt that immediately and the pressure was very bad, and it happened all the sudden, so I try to remind myself to be careful and to take the rest very seriously.

Sorry for the long message
good week to everyone
later
daniela