Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Is it too early to buy baby things?? Advice please  (Read 2886 times)

bloom

• View Profile
Is it too early to buy baby things?? Advice please
« on: August 01, 2012 at 11:44 PM »
Don't know what to do. i was just thinking today to at least buy some clothes.
I'm only 24 so I would like to wait till 28 weeks to buy stuff. I don't have anything as well. My daughter is 4 and half, and after my second miscarriage I gave all the clothes away, and after my third miscarriage i gave all the toys away.
One of my friend, pregnant as well with complication, told me that she won't buy anything yet (she is not even half way) but she already put a lot of stuff in her on-line shopping bag or wishing list, so she has the peace of mind that she has already picked stuff.

I will at least buy some small stuff, and pick the big stuff that you need right away (crib, car seat, and stroller...). I do think think 27 it is save to start shopping.
Good luck
daniela

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012 at 10:40 AM by Angela »

cercmum

• View Profile
Re: Is it too early to buy baby things?? Advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
My darling, I feel you. I am having the most complicated pregnancy ever but I am thankful I am now 26weeks but I am still so reluctant to buy anything. My husband bought loads of stuff when I was +nly a few weeks pregnant and I think we should have that kind of faith, speak with authority and start shopping. OUR BABIES MUST COME TO US. So I will stary online shopping as soon as hubby gets back the laptop from the reapirers.
Wishing you all the best and loads of hugs

tbuniak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012 at 12:12 AM »
I feel the same way as both of you!! I'm 24 + 1 and have had two major and rare complications. I'm not only afraid to shop, I'm also afraid to sort newborn items. People have been giving me hand me downs, and I feel like I don't want to look at them yet. I'm afraid to get too excited and then be disappointed.

I've decided to wait for now. Maybe I'll start writing down a list. Right now it's just in my head

Terrie

bush_woman187

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012 at 03:03 PM »
hi ladies:  for me, i was ready to start shopping last week at 18 weeks, then i was put on bedrest, so now i'm nervous again.  i think i will wait until 24 weeks then start shopping.  its tough because even though the pregnancy is complicated, i still feel like i have to stay connected to my little boy.  i keep telling myself if i don't buy anything, it wont hurt as much if it goes wrong....but, the truth is...i am going to will my baby here!  i have started looking for items online but haven't done a full registry or anything.  but, i think its important to have some sense of normalcy in our pregnancies even if nothing else feels "normal".