Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Made it 5 weeks on bedrest before my son came  (Read 4548 times)

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
Made it 5 weeks on bedrest before my son came
« on: August 03, 2012 at 04:23 PM »
My son Samuel Ray was born on 8/1/12 at 11:02pm.

I was born bed rest for about 5 week before I strted having bleding issues. I  had been in and out of the hospital for most of the week.

Eventually it was decided that my placenta was abrupting and needed to deliever.

He was 2 punds 12 oz and 15 inches long. He was born at 26 weeks and 3 days.

I wouldt be thankful for any good thoughts for our during his journey and time in the NICU.

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
Re: Made it 5 weeks on bedrest before my son came
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
sorry that should say on bed rest not born

Kathleenmfitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012 at 05:32 PM »
I felt draw to respond to your post. I am currently my fourth week of bed rest with my second child, but your post reminded me of my first child.  I went into labor unexpectedly and it could not be stopped. We did not realize that I had an incomplete cervix until my second pregnancy.

My daughter was born at 26 weeks and 3 days weighing 1 pound 15 ounces.  She went through struggles with an open heart valve, breathing, feeding, and weight gain among other things and spent 76 days in the NICU, but now she is 21 months and other than being smaller than her peers no one would ever know she was born premature. She is our little miracle.

I know your journey with your son will not be easy, but hang in there.  Miracles do happen.  You are in my thoughts. 

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012 at 05:59 PM »
Congratulations on making it 5 weeks!!! There is a huge difference between a 21 weeker and a 26 weeker - you did great!!! :)
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012 at 09:07 AM »
thank you

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012 at 11:05 PM »
Congratulations! I know you probably feel some disappointment that Samuel came so soon, but please know what a wonderful job you did to keep him safe as long as you could.

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts to you both, and wishing you strength in the weeks ahead. Please check out this page on the Preemie Parent Alliance website: http://www.preemieparentalliance.wildapricot.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1229248  It has MANY superb resources for preemie parents, and particularly micropreemies (like Graham's Foundation and the Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation).

Check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.
(((hugs)))
Angela

libraadragonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012 at 10:01 AM »
Thank you
I will go check it out

and will do

cercmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012 at 09:54 PM »
You have my prayers! Samuel will do well.
I am 26 weeks and 3 days today and I say that because I spent most of last week after being transfered to a hosp with a level 3 NICU cos they thought my son would come early, he didn't but I am home now with 1cm of funnelled cervix held by a stitch, excruciating pains..an irritable uterus and bladder. I can only imagine how scared you must feel but thank God for advances in Neonatology. 26 weeks is a lot better than say 24 and you will do well.
I was born at about 29 weeks some 32 years ago and I did really well with no developmental problems. Fingers crossed for you and sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way.