Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! August 13  (Read 4796 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! August 13
« on: August 13, 2012 at 09:50 AM »
Hello! We had such a great live chat last week! I hope many of you can join us this week (Tuesday at 2pm).  How are you ladies feeling? Any appointments this week?

Also, feel free to post belly pics, or nursery pics, or whatever you'd like. To post a photo: reply to this message, then click on the pink text (below this text box) that reads "Additional Options." Then click on the oval that says "Choose File" to attach an image.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

gtsonora

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! August 13
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM »
Still here, on bedrest for IC with cerclage. Excited to be 24 weeks with progesterone shots scheduled on Wed. with the next sono & Thurs.  It's nice for the doctor's to finally be willing to do something proactive. Next goal - 28 weeks. Other news:  My daughter turned 4 on Saturday, and my DH was diagnosed with thyroid cancer late last week so we will have to figure out the logistics of him also being out of commission at least a week for the surgery.  A logistical nightmare with 2 kids and me on bedrest.  But I'll have company for a week at home.

finny303

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM »
Still here!  31 weeks +4 days! On bedrest for short cervix, funneling, dilated at1cm and contractions since ~20 weeks.  Feeling a little guilty since I have been on my feet much more than I should.  I have to take care of my two year old so doing the best I can. Lots of contractions this past week but nothing new.  Ultrasound tomorrow so we will see....

Leahlaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
Still here! I'm 24 weeks (yay) and feeling pretty good. I've been on bed rest since 19 wks when I had a cerclage for IC. I had a dr. appt today and everything looks good. My cervical length measured a little longer than 2 weeks ago at 2.4. I'm thrilled that bed rest is doing its job.

Gtsonora, I'm glad to hear you're doing well at 24 wks. I hope your husband is okay!

munchkinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012 at 02:17 AM »
Still here. 34 wks + 2 days. Officially off strict bedrest as of last Saturday but my OB told me to take it easy for the next week and a half as he really wants me to make it to 36 wks :) The baby is about 5.5 -6 lbs, so we're doing good! Had to go to a chiropractor last week as she settled into a transverse position and wouldn't stay head down, but a quick adjustment of my hips fixed that. I'd definitely recommend going to a good chiropractor who is trained in working with pregnant women if you're able to! Bedrest messes up alignment and things like that. Hoping to make it at least until Friday as my anniversary is Thursday and DH took the day off and is taking me out :) I'm so glad this is almost done! 5 months of bedrest is not easy!

Hang in there! :)
Proud Mommy to five munchkins - ages 10, 8, 6, 5, and 1
Baby #6 due 9/22/12 - bedrest from 14 wks due to contractions

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012 at 09:27 AM »
Hi, ladies! It looks like I may not be back int time for our live chat today at 2 pm. But, please go on without me. We had such a great chat last week with gtsonora, Leahlaz and Stephy1987, and I don't want anyone to miss out on that.

Also, for gtsonora: Please know I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. If you want to send me a private message to let me know which city and state you're in, maybe I can connect you with some resources to help with the kids during this especially difficult time. angela@keepemcookin.com

swaxman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012 at 07:43 AM »
Hi everyone. Im still hanging in there. I am now 27 weeks. they stoped measuring my cervix 2 weeks ago so i have no idea if it changed or still is the same lenght, last measurment it was around 1.8. Had a growth scan yesterday and baby was good size and growing!  So far no contractions (that i know about) and no problems.  Still on bedrest but it seeems like it is going by fast.

erica11775

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
Still cooking here! 33weeks and 5 days hard to believe when trouble started at the very begining. Contracting has picked up again but the docs are very confident with the progress we have made. I had a second round of betamethasone at the 32 week mark. Has anyone else noticed any strange side effects from that? I had them on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday evening my brests became painfully engorged and I started leaking a large ammount. Like sitting at dinner my daughter and hubby started howling at the wet spots that appeared on my shirt. This was like the day my milk came in 4 days after delivering my daughter. It lasted 2 or 3 days then went away. I mentioned it at my appt yesterday but was given no answer. I have this big fear of destroying my supply by not empying my breasts when this happened. There were several little littles at the dr office yesterday. At this point I finally feel like it's ok to look at them and smile instead of being filled with dread. Dr scheduled me for 2 weeks but said he doesn't expect me to make it that much farther. I told him I need to get past Saturday since there is a baby shower scheduled for that day. I have already made it past the point at which my water broke with my first so happy dance for that :) Keep on cooking ladies. Good thoughts for all.
Erica