Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: wow 25 weeks!! Nervous.  (Read 2636 times)

alexapetska

• View Profile
wow 25 weeks!! Nervous.
« on: August 08, 2012 at 12:52 PM »
Its been awhile since I have checked in and so far so good. Ive been on bedrest since I had my cerclage placed at 19 weeks. I am now currently 25 weeks and 3 days. It seems like I have such a long way to go. But I remember being so impatient to get to 12 weeks. I am currently being monitored every week and everything is quiet. The only thing that worried me was our baby boy was measuring in the 36th percentile. he was in the 75th percentile. I dont know if this is normal or not. I am also very small myself so I guess it kinda makes sense. Anyone else have a similar situation and everything turn out alright?? I also cant stop worrying bout baby. I always think something is wrong with every little twinge. And when I dont feel him moving. It literally driving me nuts.... I need to learn to be patient. lol!

cercmum

• View Profile
Re: wow 25 weeks!! Nervous.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012 at 01:50 PM »
Congratulations on getting to 25+ weeks. That's wonderful! I guess you can begin to relax. Its all the more real now. I got a cerclage at 12 weeks but its been a long tough road for me. My cervix held good till I got to 24 weeks and I funnelled and am left with 12mm of cervix. Am now on stricter bedrest but I have an irritable uterus and am in constant pain but I am now 26+3weeks and I still have a long way to go.
Don't worry we'd get there soon and like you said, I remember when getting to 12 weeks seemed like a mile asay. I have a doppler I got on amazon that is great at using to hear baby's heartbeat when I feel like he is not moving enough but some people prefer not to have one so they don't get scared unneccessarily but for me its been a blessing cos sometimes, baby's do stay abit quiet.
Wishing you the very best and I pray things remain quiet!

tbuniak

• View Profile
Re: wow 25 weeks!! Nervous.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012 at 12:08 AM »
with my first pregnancy, my daughter kept going down in %. These are a few of the things I learned at the time:
1. what happens in the 3rd trimester is more important from a growth perspective than in the 2nd trimester (aka - it's too early too worry about the % at this point in time)
2. unless the % dips close to 10%, all they'll do it put you on bed rest - and you're already there
3. most important - it takes 3 % reading to plot a trend. you've only had 2, so wait until you see a 3rd to see if there is a trend.

good luck!!
Terrie