Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bedrest due to PROM  (Read 2443 times)

miamorflores

• View Profile
Bedrest due to PROM
« on: October 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM »
Hello, My name is Stephanie, and today is day 16 on Hospital Bedrest. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant. On the day I reached 25 weeks I just didn't feel "right" I thought maybe I had a UTI because I kept having a lot of "discharge" and I just didn't feel well in general. I decided what the heck I'll go in and get checked out, fully expecting to be told I was fine and sent home. A few minutes after they did all the testing, the doctor came back in with another doctor. She immediately says "we found something we weren't expecting and it looks like your water broke. We're going to admit you and you're going to stay here until the baby is born" WHAT?! Turns out what I thought was "discharge" was actually my water slowly leaking. Immediately, the first thing that pops into my head is.. "If I deliver tonight, my baby might not make it" Second thought was, "If I don't deliver tonight, I'm going to have to spend weeks, possibly months away from my two other children at home." My other two children are ages 3 and 1. It was very emotional and a ton of things were running through my mind. Every morning my doctor comes in and says "well, you've already done a lot better than we expected, so let's keep that baby in there as long as possible." I am also on day 4 of a very itchy and agonizing case of PUPP, which is a horrible rash covering 90% of my body. Which, if you've ever had PUPP you know it's bad enough without being confined to a hopital bed 24/7. I have started getting a little depressed from being here for so long and feeling like the light at the end of the tunnel is such a long ways away. But, everyday I thank God that my little boy is still safe and sound in my womb, getting bigger and stronger everyday. So, as horrible as the prospect is of spending 7 more weeks here , (until they induce at 34 weeks), I pray that we make it until then. Here's to all the other Bedresters and PROM mommies, God Bless you and your babies, may they keep on a cookin'!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Bedrest due to PROM
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009 at 04:51 PM »
Hi, Stephanie.
I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to a new member of the forum who is also on hospital bed rest. Thought you two might want to chat and offer each other support. The link is http://bit.ly/lSHZL

The topic is "praying for a miracle at 23 weeks."

How are you adjusting to hospital bedrest? Do feel like you are getting into a routine? And has that made it any easier?

Thinking about you!
Angela

theebabylady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009 at 08:26 PM »
Hi Stephanie,
I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you & praying for your baby to be safe. You must have alot rushing through your mind, but I know you can pull through this. I hope your rash subsides too.  :-*
Christy

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009 at 10:19 AM »
Hi, Stephanie.
I've been thinking about you. How are you doing? Please let us know that you are still cookin'.

Also, I posted some new info on the website today about PROM: "How can I avoid premature rupture of membranes (PROM) with my next baby?" Answer: http://bit.ly/11O1Ln  Thanks for your recommendation to include it! I'll continue to add more information about PROM and PPROM to the site.