Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Newbie with misbehaving cervix  (Read 13582 times)

kinderroomcafe

• http://kinderroomcafe.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
    • The Kinder Room Cafe - bed rest blog
Re: Newbie with misbehaving cervix
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM »
Thanks for that Rose - great to meet you! - I did a little digging andI think I'll take some papers to my Ob on my next appointment - see why I didn't get one ; ). He loves it when I walk in with the random things I print out off the internet!  I'll put up my faves on the blog.   As for the difference in treatment from country to country I'm trying to work that out myself - I think it is fascinating.  I haven't been looking at twins, but the little I've read it is a much more hands off sort of approach here. 

My first three pregnancies were all text book perfect so all this is new to me too.  And I know what you mean by not realising what you'd be willing to do.  I  would take all the nasty drugs (and have offered to) if they would help!

Take care and let me know how the horizontal typing goes!  ; )

Blogging about Bed Rest: http://kinderroomcafe.tumblr.com

Sstanes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012 at 01:40 PM »
Well it definitely sounds like we're all trawling the Internet and finding the same studies! And Rose, I found the same pessary clinical trial outline in twin pregnancies as you which involves the hospital in London I'm being seen at: still no joy!
All the best ladies. Lets keep supporting each other!

rose

• View Profile
    • Migration to the north
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012 at 03:23 AM »
hey Sophie- I was just thinking of you because I thought I recalled that you have an appointment today. Have you already been? Good luck if you haven't (we're more or less in the same time zone and it's still morning) and I hope you get some good  news and some answers about the pessary. I hate my doctor's appointments (though I now have a lovely doctor and I wouldn't dare miss one)- I feel like I'm constantly expecting a blow. So I'm thinking of you and hoping you come home feeling encouraged and supported.

Rose

Sstanes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012 at 04:31 AM »
Hi Rose
Thanks so much for your message - which I picked up just before heading out to our appt. The appt was uneventful - thankfully - and some of our questions about the management of my situation have to wait till Monday's cervical assessment clinic. However the consultant didn't seem unduly perturbed by my situation so at least we didn't come away with shredded nerves! And of course it's always lovely to see the babies and their heartbeats on the scan.