Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Started bleeding heavy at 16 weeks...  (Read 2634 times)

waiting4mymiracle

• View Profile
Started bleeding heavy at 16 weeks...
« on: October 19, 2009 at 09:32 AM »
For the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy i was great. Felt fab, in great form ate everything never sick. It started with a dark discharge on my 14th week, then turned to blood, i've been bleeding now for nearly 8 weeks and its having no effect on baby at all, although they are keeping a very close eye on me. In for another ultrasound tomorrow so keeping the fingers crossed.
I'm now off work for three weeks, on rest. I'm so bored and upset but once baby is ok i'll survive.. hoping to get back to work for a few hours a week after tomorrow but i will have to wait and see.. anybody else go through anything simular?

knockeduplaidup

• View Profile
Re: Started bleeding heavy at 16 weeks...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM »
I started gushing blood at 11.5 weeks. You can read more about it on my blog http://MyPlacentaWearsPrada.blogspot.com I had a Placenta Accessory Lobe. By 16 weeks it seemed to seal itself up and the bleeding stopped. Several trips to the hospital later and scary times!

Have you had an ultraound? Does it show any clots? The advice to me was to take it easy and it would work itself out and it did! We are 20 weeks and my little boy is doing just fine!

waiting4mymiracle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009 at 01:44 PM »
I have had a few ultrasounds but they aren't getting a good look at the baby. Its kinda doubled over and all they can measure is its head. Which is measuring a week earlier than i'm due. Heartbeat is great, movement and growth is fine but i'm bleeding very heavily very regularly, a day wouldn't go by that i don't have some sort of bloodshed. If not a huge gush! I'm very worried about it although all the doctors I've seen tell me its very normal and they've seen hundreds of mothers suffer from simular things. How did they diagnose you're condition? I'm 24 weeks and the blood is showing no signs of stopping :o(.. i'm looking so forward to seeing my precious little miralce tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.. is this your first boy. I'm kinda hoping for a boy :o) its our first baby

Smily

• View Profile
    • Parenting Premmies
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009 at 08:32 AM »
Hi :-)

With my first baby I had an uneventful first 15 weeks (apart from severe morning sickness) I then started to haemorage and did so for approximately 8-10 weeks. I stopped bleeding at around the 25-26 week mark. 2-3 weeks later my waters broke and my prince entered the world at 30 weeks. He is a healthy 2y8m old and is doing very well.

A good friend of mine had a similar experience with twins and they were born a few days before 37 weeks.

All the best
Brendan 25/02/07 30+1 due to PPROM @ 28wks, Spontaneous Labour & Chorioamnionitis. His Apgar Scores were 2:4 W1545gms (3lb 6oz)
Tristan 19/06/09 34+3 due to Spontaneous Labour. His Apgar Scores were 6:6 W3090gms (6lb 13oz)
Facebook Pag

4Alex

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009 at 01:03 AM »
Has the doctor said "why" you're bleeding? I wonder where the blood is coming from. We wanted a boy and just found out that we do indeed have a boy growing inside me. I hope you get what you're hoping for as well.   ;)  I also pray the bleeding stops. Are they watching your iron levels? Don't we lose iron when we lose blood?