Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 10th wk of BR, IC, PTL, Short CL, funnelling!  (Read 2106 times)

pregnantinjapan

• View Profile
10th wk of BR, IC, PTL, Short CL, funnelling!
« on: September 09, 2012 at 10:18 AM »
Hi! I'm a new member, this is my first post. I am pregnant with my 3rd child. I've had a short CL for all three pregnancies, I had IC on my 2nd child with just 2 weeks of MBR. On this pregnancy I have had PTL and IC and currently my CL is about 0.3 with U shaped funnelling. I am on strict bed rest and medication to stop contractions.  I live in Japan where they still use Ritodrine to stop contractions. I will be week 35 tomorrow after 10 weeks on BR. 
I found it very difficult to adjust at first, but I am quite grounded so I soon learnt to accept my situation.  I started to blog to help pass the time, to feel useful and to keep myself positive. It's about surviving bedrest as well as life in general here in Japan with two toddlers and a baby on the way; http://daysofourlivesjapan.wordpress.com/

Glad to be connected!

pregnantinjapan

• View Profile
Re: 10th wk of BR, IC, PTL, Short CL, funnelling!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014 at 10:11 PM »
That was me 2 years ago, now here I am again! This is my 4th pregnancy. 2 years ago on the 3rd pregnancy I went to 37 weeks and delivered a healthy baby girl after a very short labour of 1 hour and 10 minutes.

I am currently 27w 4d. 2 years ago on #3 I was already on bedrest over a month at this stage, so things are better than the last time. I had a check up last week and I still had a good cervix length, 3.7cm. Phew.  However, between week 22 and week 26 it had shortened 2cms. That in itself would be fine, but I know in my heart of hearts it has shortened again and I feel like it has been a big jump. I am not due a check up, but I have had a lot of tightening of the uterine muscles this week so I am going to go get checked out.  I suspect I will be put on restricted activities today. So I wanted to reach out and connect again! Thank you

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
Re: 10th wk of BR, IC, PTL, Short CL, funnelling!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014 at 06:50 PM »
Hi- how did your check up go? I'm 28+6 today and each week my cervix gets shorter and shorter. It's scary but I'm trying to stay positive. I'm also having some contractions but my medicine seems to help. Wishing you the best! Keep us posted!
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks