Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Abdominal cerclage  (Read 5195 times)

Allison

• View Profile
Abdominal cerclage
« on: September 11, 2012 at 08:47 PM »
Hi all!  I am a returning member here on this website.  This forum helped me make it through my ten weeks of bed rest with my youngest little man.  A little background on my history...my first pregnancy was fine until 31 weeks when I was put on home bed rest.  At 33 weeks I was in the hospital on mag until 35 weeks and sent home on bed rest again.  At 36.5 weeks my water broke.  Delivered a healthy baby boy.  My next pregnancy I had a tvc placed at 13 weeks and strict bed rest at home from27 weeks until 35 weeks and my water broke at 35.5 weeks.  Once again delivered another healthy baby boy. 

I was doing so much research on the tvc and how to get around bed rest because I really want another baby.  I decided to have an abdominal cerclage.  I had one placed pre pregnancy by a wonderful dr who assures me the stats are much better and doesn't understand why the tvc is being used anymore!  Does anyone else on this website have an abdominal cerclage?  Please check out the website Abbyloopers.org for more information on this.  There are a lot of women who have miscarried many babies that go on to have normal full term pregnancies without any bed rest. 

I am just now trying to get pregnant again so just wanted as much information and support as I go along.  Thanks ladies.

Allison
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

steffy75

• View Profile
Re: Abdominal cerclage
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012 at 09:59 AM »
Thank you for sharing your information allison. My doctor suggest an abdominal cerclage if I wanted to have another child, since my most recent & 1st pregnancy was with a cerclage. Also bed rest for over 4 months. I didn't know they could do it before you get pregnant!!!  :) Keep posting on your progress I am curious. I said I didn't think I would try to have another child due to cervical issues and bedrest. If the abdominal keeps from having bedrest my outlook on having another child looks better!!!

Allison

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012 at 09:47 PM »
Yes the dr that placed mine will do them pre pregnancy as well as most experienced tac doctors.  Please join the Abbyloopers support group.  There are a lot of women on there just looking for information on the tac before they make a decision.  I will say it is wonderful that your dr is supportive of the tac.  A lot of women on the Abbyloopers website are fighting with their regular ob about the tac vs a tvc.  May I ask where you are from?  I live in Indianapolis and there is a wonderful and experienced tac surgeon here so I was lucky. 
Mom to RJ born at 36.5 days bed rest from31 weeks on
Mom to Dylan born at 35.4 weeks tvc placed at 13 weeks, bed rest from27 weeks on
Abdominal cerclage placed in December 2011
Currently trying to conceive

steffy75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
I live in North Carolina!

kayley2012

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
hii just wondering what the diffence in these 2 are??
you prob think im thick but havent heard of the 1 before you het pregnant,
i had a suture with  my daughter and got to 35 weeks, i  then had a suture again with my last pregnancy which i lost at 18 weeks 1 doc seems to think the may have nicked my waers  in the process im not sure??/

thanks

angel born at 25 weeks 2007
angel born at 23 weeks 2008
bouncing baby girl 35 weeks 2009
angel born at 18 weeks 2012

niana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013 at 12:56 AM »
My doctor suggest an abdominal cerclage if I wanted to have another child, since my most recent & 1st pregnancy was with a cerclage. Also bed rest for over 4 months.