Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Progesterone Supposititories...  (Read 3614 times)

AlwaysHopeful

• View Profile
Progesterone Supposititories...
« on: September 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Ok- so this maybe TMI but for those of you on the progesterone suppositories- how do you insert them and feel like they are getting far enough up there?

The pharmacy didn't give me anything to use to put them in.  So for a week I have just been sticking them up in there- but I don't feel like I am getting it up there all the way...

Anyone have any tricks or did you get something from the pharmacy?

rose

• View Profile
    • Migration to the north
Re: Progesterone Supposititories...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012 at 06:48 AM »
Hi Always hopeful,

I also take progesterone by this route and have also wondered about this. Since people also have injections, I came the conclusion that it was  important to get it into your system but not necessarily to deliver it right to the door (ie your cervix). I don't have any sort of applicator either and would hesitate to poke around too much. I usually lie down after inserting them though I have no idea if this helps- maybe it has some psychological advantage in convincing me they won't fall out!

I'm also carrying twins and have also been on modified bed rest since 23 weeks (now almost 26) so I'm thinking of you and hoping you hold onto them so long that you you will be desperate to get them out!

Rose

AlwaysHopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
Good thinking on the it doesn't matter if it is in the right spot!  I guess I never thought about it that way... I am leary to disturb too much up there, so I usually do it at bedtime, lay down put it in and go to sleep!

We aren't far apart with our pregnancies so here is hoping that in December we are still here keeping each other company!

abby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM »
As long as you get them in an inch or two, is what my doc said when I was on them.  I too was worried that I wasn't getting them in far enough and she assured me that it didn't matter.  At the end of my twin pregnancy I was 50 inches around and couldn't even reach down there anymore!!  My poor hubby had to put them in for me!!  I think he secrety enjoyed it though  ;)
Bedrest Graduate
Identical Twins born at 37 Weeks
14 Weeks of Bedrest

AlwaysHopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012 at 11:22 AM »
I am sure he did enjoy it!  It was most likely the most action he had seen in weeks!