Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Re: Where are you serving your bed rest sentence?  (Read 3047 times)

TwinMom

• View Profile
Re: Where are you serving your bed rest sentence?
« on: August 21, 2009 at 03:12 PM »
In the hospital....

lilcapdad

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009 at 03:30 PM »
The first 3 weeks we spent in the hospital. It wasn't so bad, as we could both work from the hospital room with their wifi connection. I probably would have stayed with her the entire time if we didn't have pets at home that somehow feel they need to eat and get medication on a daily basis...(what's up with that??) So I tried to spend as much time as possible at the hospital. Luckily, they didn't consider daddies as visitors so I could stay the night whenever I could.

Now we are working on our 3rd week of HOME bedrest. (Yep, 6 weeks and counting, folks!) They both have their ups and downs. The hospital was nice because lilcapmom could order her food and they delivered it. And I could spend more time with her. The downside was having to sleep in different beds. Home is nice because we can sleep in the same bed and it is much more comfy for snuggling with mama and baby. The down side of home is that I have to cook, clean, and take care of lilcapmom. And it takes away from time I can spend WITH her. I'm not complaining by any means, but the fact still remains that I SUCK at keeping a perfect house.

I try, but I just get so bogged down with everything. (Superman, I am NOT...darnit!)

But the important thing is that I keep trying to take care of everything because I know that right now lilcapmom is doing what is absolutely the most important thing that can be done for our son. She's keeping him cooking. And if it takes a few more weeks until he's ready to visit this world, then I'll just keep trying as hard as I can for as long as it's needed.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM »
Hi, TwinMom!
How many weeks are you? How long have you been in the hospital? Do you know the gender of the babies?

pchanner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM »
Hey guys. I have been serving my sentence at home for the past 3 months. I was put on partial bed rest on June 1 when I was just about 24 weeks. Was placed on strict bed rest a few weeks ago when my midwife discovered that I am 90% effaced and 3.5 cm dialeted. But thank the Lord I will be off bedrest completely starting next Monday because I will be 37 weeks - FULL TERM. So bring on the rain and let this baby come.