Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 1  (Read 6315 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for October 1
« on: October 01, 2012 at 08:21 AM »
You made it to October! Who is celebrating today? Any deliveries to report?

Let us know how many weeks along you are and if you plan to join us in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific. We've had a great turnout the last few weeks for the live chats and it's been a lot of fun!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

gtsonora

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 1
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012 at 10:01 AM »
Yay October!  It is always good to flip a month on the calendar.  So still cooking at 31 weeks (bedrest since 19 weeks for IC/dilation with cerclage).  Back home from the hospital with "circulatory issues" - basically means I feel bad (nausea, dizziness, eye focus issues, extremity pains) but nothing will change until I'm off bedrest and can be active again.  Oh well.  Would love any suggestions from others who have dealt with this.

All the grandparents left today after helping with the kids from my husband's surgery last week, so the house is quiet again.

I look forward to chatting with everyone on Tuesday.

rose

• View Profile
    • Migration to the north
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012 at 10:35 AM »
A new month! I am 27 weeks today- spent last week in hospital getting steroid shots and being poked and prodded (4 internal exams in 5 days..) Got checked to see if my waters had broken and kept an extra day for observation after some spotting, most likely caused by the first internal exam. My cervix is still closed amd inside the pessary which is reassuring news. No contractions showed up on the KTG, which also makes me happy. One of my babies is on the small side though, so I have something new to worry about! Anyone have some good tips for fattening foetuses?

Good luck to you all- I'm looking forward to making a 28 week rollcall next week!

Rose

bloom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012 at 12:27 PM »
October Finally :) For me is 32 weeks and half. I'm feel better now that at 15 weeks before the emergency cerclage. Baby is high, cervix is closed and no contraction :) Still modified bed rest during the week, I'm a little more active in the week end.
My doctor wants to give me the steroid shot this week (just in case), she said it is the last week she can give that. No shot after 33 weeks.
I'm not sure about it, but according to her it is better, just in case the baby comes before 35 weeks.

stephy1987

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012 at 01:38 PM »
Hello october :) so happy to see you ! Im still cookin at 33 weeks 5 days ( bedrest since 21 weeks ) 4 weeks in the hospital & 4 steroid shots . God is good ! 23 days till im full term ! Yay!

Leahlaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012 at 03:19 PM »
Happy October! I'm 31 weeks and have been on bed rest since 19 with short cervix and cerclage. This past week was long. I spent some at the doctors and at the hospital. It was no fun, but the good news is this baby is still cookin' and I'm doing pretty well. I had a PTL scare Sunday morning when I was awoken at 2:30 with painful contractions 10 min apart. Luckily they never intensified and eventually slowed (around 10am) with IV fluids and I didn't require any meds.

My next goal is 33+1 (Oct 13) so we can surpass when our daughter was born! I hope to chat with you all tomorrow!

AngelaKate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012 at 05:40 PM »
Hi Ladies. Happy October! I've been on bed rest since 18 weeks, I’m currently 26+5 weeks (IC with a preventative cerclage placed also on progesterone). My next scan is at 28 weeks, very much looking forward to it. Thinking of you all.

TWINS38

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012 at 05:46 PM »
:) Hello October!!! well I'm still here after 5w4d of SBR at 16+5 I'm happy to say that I made it so far to 22+2 yay!!! My babies are VERY ACTIVE and strong kickers..lol!!! My hubby was full of emotions yesterday, cause he felt our babies move for the first time..awe!!! I will update you guys on 10/4 what's new with us. I have a question as well..Is it normal to feel a bubbling sensation on your cervixor vagina when babies move? I have a cervical cerclage. I also have extremely bad hip pain, what can I do???? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

I'm  in pain, but I'm still in the game!!!
IC 16w5d CL1.9 put on Home SBR
8/30/12 Cervical Cerclage @ 17w5d
10/4/12 hospital SBR @ 22w5d
Celestone shots at 23w and 23w1d (steriod shots)
TWINS BOY GIRL
EDD 2/2/13

ClaireH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012 at 05:52 PM »
Yay October! Still cooking here - 29+3 with twins. Waiting to be transferred to my ob's preferred hospital...

DSBass

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012 at 10:52 PM »
Hi everyone!
Can't believe it's October already!  I'm 31 weeks now (modified bed rest since 19 weks with IC and cerclage + progesterone).  Things have been stable for a while and my GD is still ok with just diet modification, so I'm happy about that.  My sister is coming to visit this week so I'm looking forward to the company and expect this week to go by fast :)

kinderroomcafe

• http://kinderroomcafe.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
    • The Kinder Room Cafe - bed rest blog
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012 at 06:38 AM »
Still cooking - 31 weeks 3 days now.  On bed rest with short cervix since 21 weeks.

Gestational diabetes is my main concern right now.  My numbers are all over the place.  I am on insulin x 2 daily, but, I think it will change.  They won't give me steroids until they stabilise.  Every day seems to get worse and worse.

The masses of Vitamin D they are pumping into me is helping me sleep tho.  12 hours per night and a nap in the day no problem.  After weeks and weeks of existing on barely any it is a huge pleasure.  18 days of bed rest to go.  then 18 days 'normal' til baby arrives! (cross fingers!)
Blogging about Bed Rest: http://kinderroomcafe.tumblr.com

JacErnst

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012 at 08:41 AM »
Still cookin here too - Sorry I haven't been on much lately. Gray is keeping me busy and business has been keeping me busier.

We're 12 weeks now! and officially on limited activity. not allowed to do much other than look after Gray during the day, maybe go shopping for a few small things, but no heavy lifiting and not much of anything other than sitting and diaper changes.

I started progesterone suppositories last night. so much fun - well okay maybe not. don't love them but I do love keeping this baby cooking. We booked my c-section for 39 weeks. and after any ultrasounds shows babE is more than 5 lbs but before that I guess I'll push it out.

Love my new OB, sad I can't have my old one.

You're doing great ladies!!!

Jac
twitter @babEblessings
www.babEblessings.com
proud momma to Grayson born Jan 30 2011 at 32+3
babE2 due April 16, 2013
Proud NICU survivor

bush_woman187

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012 at 11:49 AM »
Hi everyone!  sorry, i am so late.  Trying to work from home, plan for baby and do bedrest is difficult!!!  I am doing great.  I am 23+3 today.  my last appt was 1.5 wks ago and my cervix was looking great and was the highest at 3-3.7.  I personally feel I am probably on bedrest as a precaution more than a necessity.  I have been told the CL is good for almost 24 weeks.  Since they lightened up my bedrest, it has been easier.  I can get out a little bit, so I enjoy that.  I plan to get my nails done on Sunday.  the doctor approved this and said i can get out at least for 1-2 hours once per week.  My body is so sore from laying around and switching positions all day on the couch.  How do you all manage the body pain and hip pain? 

i go back to the doctor on thursday next week and i am going to be so happy to be at my first mini goal of viability.  I still have a long way to go, but I am ready to start shopping for my little on and finally telling more people about my pregnancy.  With my history of 3 losses, i feel like everytime I tell the world, something goes wrong, but I can no longer contain my husband.  Our family knows and that is about it, so he is ready to tell the world.  pray for me!  :-) 

glad everyone is still hanging in there. 

looking forward to 24 weeks on Tuesday!!!