Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Irritable uterus!!!  (Read 19694 times)

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
Irritable uterus!!!
« on: October 12, 2012 at 02:52 PM »
Hi everyone I am 23 weeks 5 days and have been to L&D three times now with what I think are contractions but all the dr keeps saying is its just irritability there is nothing we can do! I am on the progesterone injections and have been on bedrest for 8 weeks now! My dr keeps telling me he can't give me anything to stop the pains until I go into actual labor. My cervix is also short at 1.7 cm and funneling but is staying closed. I have a previous preterm loss at 23 weeks last year and lost my son Mason after 2 days in the NICU. Has anyone else experienced irritable uterus before?? If so what did they do for you I really need some encouragement!!!

bianca

• View Profile
Re: Irritable uterus!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012 at 06:49 PM »
Hi my name is Bianca and I am currently in the hospital on bed rest and I am 23 w and 2 days I have been here since 22 weeks I have an irritable uterus at times and they can't do much either but it comes and goes I have actually ruptured my water bag and I am 1cm dilated so I am scared and need encouragement as well so just thought I would let you know you are not alone :) did your dr do a circlauge on you I know that was my plan before my water bag broke due to infection
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012 at 07:14 PM »
Bless your heart luckily I've been able to stay at home for the most part but at times I wonder if I would feel better at the hospital so I know I would be monitored! I didn't get the cerclage either which was planned bc I was having contractions I'm scared to death to have another baby so early but praying I can make it to 24 weeks at least!!! I will say a prayer we both make it past 24 weeks!!!! Are they giving you any Meds?

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012 at 08:03 PM »
They did give me antibiotics to clear my infection and my white blood cell count is 9800 yay so that is good they have stopped that now I'm just on I've and an occasional shot of tribudiline to stop contractions but when they were trying to stop my water from breaking they did magnesium but didn't work still broke  my water but my doctor feels that my water broke to get rid of infection and now my body has settled down thank god so now it's just a day by day thing nut my son is strong and doing well.  What are you having are they gonna put you in hosp if your cervix gets any shorter
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM »
I am having a boy also! I'm not sure they haven't really mentioned anything about being in the hospital until I go into labor which is when they said they would give me medicine but nothing until then I hurt all the time but they said as long as its not opening my cervix there is nothing they can do :( so I just have to sit here and wait for pains that I think might change my cervix and go get checked out! I have a feeling they will know me will in L&D triage lol!!! Well hang in there only a few more days till 24 weeks sounds like you are doing great since they got that infection under control!!!

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012 at 08:24 PM »
Ya it was so scared at the beginning and still now it will be the longest five days ever well just make sure they aren't contractions cuz I was having bad pain too  and didn't know it was contractions and if you feel like its really bad then make them keep you cuz what I went through was the worst thing ever ugh well we def need to keep in touch since we are both pretty similar in where we are so it's nice to have someone to talk too through this scary time
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
Yes please do keep in touch!!! I will be praying for you!!!

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM »
Will do and will be praying for you as well are you on bed rest or not yet
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012 at 09:16 PM »
Thank you!! Yes I have been on bedrest for 8 weeks!!! They put me on bed rest when my cervix went down to 2.5 cm

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM »
Man eight weeks wow how are you coping with that it's been a week and a half for me and man it gets crazy but anything for my baby boy!!!! Isn't it hard to stay in bed at home it would be too tempting for me to get up is this gonna be your only child
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM »
Lol yes it's been very hard not to do anything but believe or not after a few weeks it kind of becomes routine!! Yes this will be my only child I lost my first son bc of this exact same thing so once I get Zachary here I'm not doing this again!! My dr told me my uterus is just irritable and there is nothing else we can do! What about you do you have other children?

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM »
Girl yes this is my first pregnancy and our son is Carson and the way me and my husband put it one and done lol and so sorry about your first son but here you are now going strong so glad :)
*bianca*

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012 at 01:06 PM »
Yay congrats we have made it another dau ;D hope your day is going well man you only have one more day to 24 huh lucky you  :)
*bianca*

Masonsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012 at 03:21 PM »
Yes we have!!! Yay for us!!!! I hope you are doing good as well only a few more days!!!!

bianca

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012 at 04:03 PM »
I know I have four more days I swear I have never paid attention to days or times as much as I do now I love when it gets dark cuz that is one more day  almost over lol  so do you feel him moving all the time I know I do and it seems when they put the monitors on Carson thinks its show time and goes to town kicking and moving lol
*bianca*