Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Placenta Previa can cause other placenta issues  (Read 5793 times)

Mandyml1

• View Profile
Placenta Previa can cause other placenta issues
« on: October 16, 2011 at 04:23 PM »
So I am diagnosed with complete placenta previa.  I have been doing some reading online about it.  I read that a person with placenta previa has an increased risk of getting placenta accreta. 
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that ended up getting the accreta also.  If so, how did that work out?

EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

Mum_to_3

• View Profile
Re: Placenta Previa can cause other placenta issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011 at 07:12 PM »
I too am in the same boat as you. I was diagnosed with major placenta previa last week. My OB is going to be giving my u/s every few weeks to determine if  develop placenta acreta. I hope not. Hopefully some others might shed some light on our situation. 

Mandyml1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
I've been trying to read up on it to "prepare" myself as a just in case...  It doesn't sound too good.  That was why I was wondering if anyone had actually had it.    How far along are you?  They say there is still a chance (although slim in my case) that the previas can move on their own up until I think 28-32 weeks. (I can't remember for sure now)
I am also getting u/s every other week. 

Good luck to you with your previa.
EDD: Feb 28, 2012
B/R at 18 weeks for placenta previa
9-13-08 Healthy boy born @ 34 weeks PTL and PROM
8/07, 8/10, 2/11  Miscarriages

Mum_to_3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011 at 02:27 AM »
I am just taking each day as it comes.  I am 26w + 1d now.  I also have an Incompetent Cervix and have a stitch in place.  So Placenta Previa added in as well is making this a very tense pregnancy  :( I hope my previa resolves itself but I am really not confident it will.

Mumtaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011 at 09:16 AM »
Hi Mandyml1 and MomToThree,
I have been thinking about you both since I've read your posts.  I hope you are both well.  Sending prayers your way.  Keep us posted. 
Love,
Mumtaz

Believeinmiracles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
Hi Mandyml1 and Mum to 3, I've been reading your thread and thinking about you two ladies. In 2008 I had a pregnancy with an incompetent cervix, placenta previa and accreta. I was placed on bed rest in hospital at 19 weeks. With the accreta it is best if they can diagnose it before you deliver, it is much safer for you and your baby. Every u/sound they checked and checked to determine what was going on in there which I'm sure they are doing for you. As it is hard to detect they really don't know until the day of the birth what they will find.

The upside was my little one and I made it to 34+1 weeks! I was grateful for everyday I made it to her delivery and focused on what I knew and not what I didn't know. I thanked my body for hanging in there for me and my baby  :)

Feel free to ask me any questions. And also know that you're being thought of by someone who's been there too! Sending positive thoughts your way-keep us posted with any news.

tqlulu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012 at 02:21 PM »
So glad your baby and you were alright!  Since they did diagnose you with placenta accreta, did you have to have a hysterectomy at birth or no?