Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 21 weeks and in the hospital  (Read 2501 times)

Kmm05

• View Profile
21 weeks and in the hospital
« on: October 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM »
I'm 21 weeks today and was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of contractions.  Everything is under control now, but I'm here for who knows how long and it's so frustrating.  The good news in all of this is that my already short cervix is holding steady, so at least something is going in the right direction.  My girls, 4 years and 9 months, are staying with my in-laws right now and I know they are in good hands with grandma and grandpa, but I miss them so much.  They were up to visit this afternoon and my older daughter is a mess, didn't want to leave mommy and had an absolute meltdown when it was time to leave.  I've tried to reassure her that it's all going to be okay, but not sure how much good that is doing right now.  I feel like we're in such a waiting game, just trying to hold on for the next couple of weeks and reach viability and be able to get steroids on board and for this new little one to have a chance.  I just wish we could fast forward a few weeks and at least a small part of the worries would ease. 

angie26

• View Profile
Re: 21 weeks and in the hospital
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012 at 03:50 PM »
I know how you feel.  I wanted to know if I was doing this all for nothing.  Was I putting everyone through this and not even going to get my baby.  I thought I would have to go into the hospital I cried the whole night before the dr appt.  My 3 year old who had been potty trained for months has started to go in his pants. My mom is the best and super fun and my son is being so mean to her like its her fault mommy cant play. My husband is just stressed all the time.  I was on bed rest in the hospital with my son I know how lonely that can be, but I counldnt imagine doing that with a child now.  Hang in there you only have 3 more weeks to go.  Then its on to 28 then 32 then full term!
DS 10-27-09
PTL 26 weeks
3 weeks hospital br
Born at 29 weeks

Current DD
Due date Feb 5 2013
23 weeks cervix 2.3 funneling
24 weeks cervix 1.5 funneling
on bed rest at home