Hello there, parents and parents-to-be!

We’ve moved the conversation to Facebook. Although we have turned off new registrations here, we have kept all prior posts for you to read for inspiration, information, and lots of success stories! We hope to see you on our public group or private group on Facebook.

Public Private
Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: High blood pressure when I stand up  (Read 2971 times)

chastity

• View Profile
High blood pressure when I stand up
« on: December 19, 2009 at 07:55 PM »
im Chastity..
I am hanging out on the couch in the living room.. I can go to the bathroom, but getting up causes my BP to shoot way up.. so I am scared I will end up in the hospital... trying to be good and stay put though.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Blood pressure shooting up
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009 at 03:32 PM »
You mentioned in another post that the doctors think you might have pre-eclampsia. You'll find out the results tomorrow of the 24-hr urine test, right?

I had pre-e, and I wish I had been more clear in describing my symptoms to the docs.  :( Be sure to let your OB know if you develop any other pre-e symptoms: sudden swelling in hands, face or feet; bleeding gums; terrible headache, dizziness, seeing spots, nausea, pain under the right rib that may come and go. My symptoms continued after delivery, and then I had this funky strange taste in my mouth, like cleaning products or ammonia. By then I had developed kidney failure so my body couldn't remove any toxins! Crazy, huh?

Keep me posted on how you're doing, okay?