Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 1 Year Later  (Read 2496 times)

AngelLily03

• View Profile
1 Year Later
« on: November 07, 2012 at 12:32 PM »
Hi Ladies,

I am a 'graduate' of the boards here and I hope this is okay to post but I wanted to share my story and give back to this site.  1 Year ago today at 24.5 weeks I was put down on bedrest.  I had been contracting since 8 weeks and already been to L&D for contractions at 20 weeks.  That night we got a +FFN and found my cervix was shortening.  They kept me overnight to get everything calmed down, steroids started, and I went home on full bedrest and a neph regimend.  We were told that night that it would be a miracle if we made it to 28 weeks and/or stayed out of hospital bedrest.  In the weeks that followed I pretty much contracted constantly, made 13 more trips to L&D to stop the contactions, had my neph upped numerous times, but with those trips the weeks went by and we surpassed everything we 'weren't' supposed to make it too.  At 35 weeks to the day my body was done.  Bryce was born at 5lbs 14ozs at 9:01pm.  He was taken to the NICU where he spent the next 9 days before coming home.   But I have to say the second I held him in my arms it made the previous weeks worth it.

I know what you all are going through right now, I know the pain, frustration, stress, and lonliness that comes with this.  For those that have older kids I know how hard it is not to be able to be the mom you want to be and the guilt that comes from basically letting them watch TV and run rampid all day.  Know you are not alone and that there is a site full of amazing women here to help you.  There was no way I could have gotten through it without this board and have met some wonderful people thanks to it. 

Hang in there and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.  I had a little mantra I kept telling myself, I'm giving moments for him to have a lifetime.

A sincere thank you to Angela for having this site, I really couldn't have done it without it!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 1 Year Later
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012 at 10:38 AM »
Thank you SO much for sharing your story and offering encouragement to our current bedrest mamas! I love your mantra. I hope other moms will adopt it during these tough times.

Congratulations on Bryce! I'm sure every moment of the past year made all those weeks on bedrest and trips to L&D worthwhile! Good for you for always playing it safe and going in to get checked. An expectant mother is her baby's voice.  :)

--Angela

Andie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012 at 08:19 PM »
Thanks so much for your story. I was having a bad day and that really encouraged me  :)

meghancruz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012 at 07:20 PM »
Thank you for sharing such a happy ending to a difficult ordeal. Your encouragement means a lot. It can be hard to stay positive and easy to let anxiety or sadness get the best of me.
Mom to Dash born at 34w6d

Current DD 1/31/13
Bedrest started at 25w1d due to funneling cervix

Nickiedd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
Thaks for the encouraging update! Stories like yours are soooooo appreciated and help us get through those rough days! 
Dear Son #1
9 Angel babies
Dear Son #2 arrived early at 29 weeks doing great Dec 2012
Sneaker Suprise #3 (Girl!) Due Aug 22nd 2017
Cerclage placed at 13.5 Weeks