Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 21 w and short cervix  (Read 2864 times)

Lialeal

• View Profile
21 w and short cervix
« on: November 13, 2012 at 03:39 PM »
Hi there
This is my story. I've been on bed rest for two weeks already for short cervix. I'm having twins boy and girl. Last week I had 1.63 and unfortunately this week when down to 1. I'm worried that something bad might happen to the babies but I'm being positive since despite of having a short cervix, I have it closed.
The dr suggested myye to stay calm since he has seen many women with short/ closed cervix who have made it almost until the end. So I'm hanging in there which that thought.
Any success story about short cervix, cerclage and bed rest?

Klfetz

• View Profile
Re: 21 w and short cervix
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012 at 04:09 PM »
Hi! I'm new but our situation is very similar. I'm 23 weeks with twin boys and just got put on bed rest with a 1.2 cervix and some funneling. I wanted to check in and see how ou are doing? I've read several success stories on this blog that are similar to yours, I was wondering what they thought the cause was, I have been diagnosed with irritable uterus, has your doctor mentioned that? Are you on anything. I had it with my 2 year old son but just took ibuprofen for 3 days and took it easy and carried him to 39 weeks. But on singletons they don't measure cervix so I have no idea what mine was. Anyway let me know if you're hanging on!!