Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 25 weeks no "functioning" cervix dilated 1.2 on hbr  (Read 2746 times)

amos0918

• View Profile
25 weeks no "functioning" cervix dilated 1.2 on hbr
« on: December 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM »
I am currently dilated to 1.2 at 25 weeks and I have been on hospital bedrest since 11/28. I am just now starting to go a little crazy and its only the beginning (at least I hope it is) the goal is to make it to a minimum of 28 weeks. They have me doing the progesterone suppositories and I have already gotten steroid shots which I will repeat at 26 weeks when I make it there.  Right now the hardest thing for me is that I have my dd and dsd at home and I don't get to see them everyday, it breaks my heart. My dd was the easiest most challenge free pregnancy ever. I do miss my hubby dearly too he is great, but being away from my baby is awful.  The only thing that is keeping me going is this little boy and his well-being.  I am so upset that for whatever reason my body is not doing what it is suppose to do and it could potentially affect my little one long term, this scares me and makes me so angry.  Just looking for other women in the same position I am in who can share and relate. 

steffy75

• View Profile
Re: 25 weeks no "functioning" cervix dilated 1.2 on hbr
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012 at 02:24 PM »
Hang in there! I know easier said than done. I know how hard it is to be on bedrest in the hospital. I was in the hospital on bedrest due to an incompetent cervix for 79 days.. That wasn't including the bedrest I did at home prior. Do absolutely EVERYTHING the tell you to do. I didnt have dialiation however I had 0 cervcical length at 24 weeks. In the beginning I had the progestrone suppositories then once i was put in the hospital they made me take them orally. You might want to ask them about taking them orally because i would think putting them down there would irritate it more. I'm not a medical professional though. Having a laptop, magazines, word finds, help alot. Do you have a large support group? I had no family that lived nearby so the only visitor was my husband except for 2 other occasions. I know you miss your baby  and your husband it's hard and stressful. Keep your eye on the prize your new baby boy!  I hope that the nurses are treating you well. They can be more like family. You will get used to having the same ones. I looked forward to seeing certain nurses they made my stay sooooo much better. I'm not going to sugar coat things I cried alot because it was my first child and it was so frightening to me to be on bedrest and to lay flat too! Now I wish I would have reached out more for help and advise. Talking to people really helps alot!!! I hope that I can help you in any way even just for conversation.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 25 weeks no "functioning" cervix dilated 1.2 on hbr
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM »
Hello, Amos0918. How have you been doing this past week? Do you feel like you're adjusting a bit? Getting into a routine?