Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 34 Weeks with Twin Girls  (Read 2424 times)

AWilliams

• View Profile
34 Weeks with Twin Girls
« on: November 19, 2009 at 08:36 PM »
Hi all!  My name is Amber and I am 34 weeks pregnant with Twins.  I was diagnosed today with preeclampsia and have been put on strict bedrest.  I have bathroom privledges only.  A couple of advantages:  My other two children are older (10 and 7).  They can feed, dress, etc by themselves.  Secondly, I am a homemaker so I don't have to worry about loss of income.  Thirdly, my husband's family all live within 5 miles of us (and there is nothing like Grandma's cooking!)  Fourthly, I only have about two weeks of bedrest before my dr with csection them.

Well, there's my story.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do on bedrest?  Any tips? Tricks? Advise?

Smily

• View Profile
    • Parenting Premmies
Re: 34 Weeks with Twin Girls
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM »
Hi and congratulations!! Well done on making it to 34 weeks, you've given them an awesome start to life should they need to arrive anytime soon (hopefully not or the two weeks though)

On bedrest I used my laptop, read books, magazines and made sure that people came to visit me!

I'm glad you've got lots of people around you :)
Brendan 25/02/07 30+1 due to PPROM @ 28wks, Spontaneous Labour & Chorioamnionitis. His Apgar Scores were 2:4 W1545gms (3lb 6oz)
Tristan 19/06/09 34+3 due to Spontaneous Labour. His Apgar Scores were 6:6 W3090gms (6lb 13oz)
Facebook Pag

AWilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 at 04:36 PM »
Hi again, all!  Well, here's the update!  Last Tuesday Nov 24th, I went into labor with the girls.  They were born Wed morning at 238 and 239.  Both were healthy weighing in at 5.3 and 5.13!  We are all home now and doing very well!!  I am pretty fortunate that I didn't have to stay on bedrest for very long!  Thanks to all for your support!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009 at 10:14 PM »
Congratulations!!! I'm thrilled to hear you all are healthy! How are YOU feeling? Any lingering signs of pre-e, such as headaches, seeing spots, dizziness, nausea or bleeding gums? The risk of pre-e remains until 6 weeks postpartum, so be sure to take good care of yourself, too. Also, call your OB immediately if you have any sudden swelling in your legs, feet, hands or face.

Congrats again! You've made my day!

AWilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009 at 04:59 PM »
Angela, Thanks!  We are all doing really well.  I am feeling good.  I'm not having any signs of pre-e.  I am actually doing really well!  However, I didn't realize that it could still be a problem even after delivery.  Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't had any sudden swelling but my feet did swell within 12 hours of the csection.  It was so bad that my husband had to run to Wal-mart and buy me some slippers to wear home because the shoes I wore TO the hospital didn't fit anymore!  That swelling lasted about a week but all's well now!

Again, thanks for the info on the pre-e.  I will definitely pay attention to it.