Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 27 week appointment update  (Read 2332 times)

cmiller30650

• View Profile
27 week appointment update
« on: January 11, 2013 at 09:30 PM »
Had my 27 week appointment today. :)
Because my blood pressure has been fluctuating I have to continue on bed rest for another 3 weeks and possibly more. My blood pressure was high on Wednesday night and early Thursday but it has decreased since then. Nevertheless, if it increases anymore I will have to increase my dosage of Labetaolol. My 24 hr urine test showed that my protein has increased some but not yet at the danger level. :)
I've only gained 1lb in alittle over a week. :-/ Time to pile in the food!!!
My little "Jaidah" is doing great though. =)

Because I am high risk for pre-term labor, pre-eclampsia, and suffered a previous placenta abruption (that's a mouth full)- I have to get steroid injections next week. Anyone familiar with this? I am not. I've heard they are very uncomfortable. I absolutely hate needles but it's not about me- it's about my baby. ;D
So the end of next week will be a busy week... :P

CHRISTIE
Mommy to: Miyah (8 ), Annah (6), and Savannah (3)
Expecting: Jaidah (4/12/2013

Lsleicht

• View Profile
That is a busy update!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM »
You have a lot going on, that's for sure. I was warned the steroid shots would be "terrible" and like a bee sting, but I didn't think they were that bad. They hurt, yes, for a few seconds, maybe a minute. The first one I did a better job of staying relaxed, and it definitely hurt less. The second one my husband gave me, and I guess I tensed up right when he did the injection, because it hurt a little longer. Still, neither were as bad as a TDAP shot or tetanus shot. I think my flu shot even hurt worse than the steroid shot did.

Do they know what caused the placental abruption? Was it related to your BP?

cmiller30650

• View Profile
Re: 27 week appointment update
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013 at 02:05 PM »
Yes they think my chronic hypertension contributed to my placenta abrupting. My BP was 173/113 when it happened.