Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Irritable Uterus Question  (Read 2634 times)

ann003

• View Profile
Irritable Uterus Question
« on: February 04, 2013 at 12:15 PM »
I was just wondering how your contractions changed (more?  stronger?) as your pregnancy progressed.  I was pretty dehydrated the other day and I ended up having contractions pretty much all day.  Most were mild, a couple were strong (even while on Procardia).  I spent most of the day laying in bed and trying to rehydrate and eventually they stopped.  I know I need to be more careful about dehydration.  Anyway, I was just wondering what changes (if any) I may see in the next few weeks. 

KayFroebel

• View Profile
Re: Irritable Uterus Question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM »
Hi there,

I have irritable uterus as well, and my contractions actually have become stronger. Unlike most, my contractions never go away. If I become dehydrated, they do cause a lot more pain though. I also have a kidney stent in, so staying as hydrated as possible helps me.

Also, IU contractions may turn into real contractions without you even realizing it. That happened to me on saturday. I went to L&D because they were strong and I went from closed and hard to 1.5cm dilated and 80% in just an hour. They gave me meds to stop them, and now I am back to IU contractions. I say that because the contractions I have (strong, every 3 minutes regularly) are making no further changes to my cervix. Now I just get to suffer until they switch back to real contractions I guess.