Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call! How's every one doing?  (Read 3214 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call! How's every one doing?
« on: December 07, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
Hi, everyone! TheeBabyLady thought it might be fun to do a roll call each week. I think it's a great idea!

Each Monday we'll check in and see how everyone is doing. How many weeks are you? Are you at home or the hospital doing bed rest? Why are you on bed rest? And recent OB appointments? And so on. Share as much as you'd like!

Looking forward to it!
Angela

theebabylady

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call! How's every one doing?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
Awesome Angela! And even if you aren't up to it, give us a smiley face to tell us how you're feeling. 

I'm not on bed rest, but today I'm feeling  :-\ because I woke up with the beginnings of a cold.

Hang in there everyone & stay strong!
Christy

TexasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009 at 09:49 PM »
thanks for checking on us.... better than displaying on twitter all your bizness.

23 weeks pg, cervical cerclage at 13 weeks, home bedrest, uterine monitoring, 17P, weekly cervical exams (previous preterm birth @29w)

today's dr appointment results:  my reg OB was unavailable and his colleague filled in.  not a good experience.  exam was painful.  then he says that the outer oc is open and inner os is closed.  says that I'm fine for another week at home rather than hospital.  says that he doubts that I will be home during holidays.  WTF? 

I never have known to classified the cervix as such.  always hear that my cerix was closed.  guess its good the inner is closed. 
Don't understand why if my inner cervix is closed, he can make an assessment that in 2 weeks that I would be in the hospital?  i cried all the way home.... whats the point of all that I'm doing if nothing I do will help?  I'm already on bedrest at home with OB visits as the only place I go. 

my hubby emailed our reg OB who spoke with his colleague.  OB told us that we're status quo and no issues or else in hospital.  Plus, he did not think that we needed to worry about holidays if things continue to stay status quo as they have been so far.  totally different message heard than the other OB.  amazing how communications matter in keeping the blood pressure down or up. 

also, was told that I need to have anatomy scan done this or next week.  so.... here is the next question...I have always had a short cervix.  I'm not 4cm when not pregnant.    If I'm 2cm (i am guessing here), will I be able to carry this baby longer?  how does cervical length tie to % PTL?  tried to look online but unable to find it. 

please keep us in prayers... having lots of bad thoughts and need some positive energy,

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009 at 10:18 PM »
TexasMom,
You are doing a great job! You have been so proactive with treatment and prevention! Now is the toughest part: Take a step back, breathe, and do nothing. When you get down, you may want to have a special thought, like "This is only temporary. I will get through this and my baby will stay put."  I had a very irritable uterus, and my mantra was, "In this moment, I'm not contracting. That makes this a good moment."

Some doctors are dramatic, or insensitive, or both. But YOU are the boss of your pregnancy. And you're doing a fantastic job of that. Here's the research you were looking for on the relationship between cervix length and preterm labor: www.keepemcookin.com/prevention.aspx. The timing of your next ultrasound will be perfect for identifying your level of risk. If your level of risk is high, you'll want to tell your doctor that you are interested in learning about biweekly fetal fibronectin testing. (Info here: www.keepemcookin.com/news.aspx , article dated 9-17-09) The combination of cervix length plus a positive or negative fFN test will help determine if you need to be in the hospital. Sending lots of positive vibes your way! You can do this!

joates

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009 at 09:55 AM »
Hi, everyone! TheeBabyLady thought it might be fun to do a roll call each week. I think it's a great idea!

Each Monday we'll check in and see how everyone is doing. How many weeks are you? Are you at home or the hospital doing bed rest? Why are you on bed rest? And recent OB appointments? And so on. Share as much as you'd like!

Looking forward to it!
Angela

Hey everyone I'm 25 weeks doing home bed rest due to incompetent cervix. Right now it is at 1.5 cm, cerclage is in place, and I will be on bed rest until delivery. 

I go to the MFM one a week and my regular OB every two weeks. This week I get to take my glucose test (ick), but hey if the results turn out great, I can treat myself to some candy :)  I hope my cervix is holding steady!!!!