Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 3 weeks to labour....HELP.... (on bed rest from 1st of November)  (Read 4706 times)

MariaPantelis

• View Profile
Hi there! I am on bed rest from November 1st with cervic cerclage. 3 weeks to labour... Feel the heaviest belly in the world. Im very thin and I gained 12 kilos, so the burden is almost unbearable for me. Time seems endless..... HELP......
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM by MariaPantelis »

jabbamama

• View Profile
Re: 3 weeks to labour....HELP.... (on bed rest from 1st of November)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM »
I'm in the same boat with a 24 week bedrest, so I know how discouraging it can be. But let me be the first to tell you CONGRATULATIONS for making it so far!!!!

I remember those last couple weeks were the hardest for me with my first bedrest, I really began to give up hope that it would ever end. But my daughter finally arrived, and as time passed, the whole experienced began to feel like some soft or far-off dream. You'll get there too, I promise! Good luck!!!
Mom to 7 year old Katie, born at 36wks after an emergency cerclage and 13 weeks of hospital bedrest. Currently serving 24 weeks of bedrest with baby #2, due July 24th.

MariaPantelis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM »
I'm in the same boat with a 24 week bedrest, so I know how discouraging it can be. But let me be the first to tell you CONGRATULATIONS for making it so far!!!!

I remember those last couple weeks were the hardest for me with my first bedrest, I really began to give up hope that it would ever end. But my daughter finally arrived, and as time passed, the whole experienced began to feel like some soft or far-off dream. You'll get there too, I promise! Good luck!!!

Thx v much jabbamama!!
You are the first to talk with such a long bed rest as mine! Thx thx thx!!
I feel emotionally exhausted and my body does not follow me anymore....
I feel soooo sleepy but not able to get enough sleep anymore.
Though labour is so close.... Something so wonderful to expect: my daughter!!!!
Hopefully time will soften the whole bed rest experience...
God help all of us to make it until labour.
Thx again!
Maria

jabbamama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013 at 05:17 PM »
Beautifully written, almost like a poem! :)

I know what you mean. I think we long-termers are in the minority on this website. Now that I'm more than 23 weeks along, I'm starting to feel more like I belong, but back at 12 weeks when people were coming off a "long" bedrest of a few weeks, it was so discouraging to think of how far I still had to go.

On the flip side, I could hardly wait to go down this time. My first pregnancy was so scary since I was on the verge of labor for so long. It took 8 years before I got pregnant again, since fertility is apparently no more my strong suit than pregnancy. And that whole first trimester, I was terrified that my cervix would just spontaneously open and that would be the end of it. At least by having the cerclage and remaining flat through the day, I began to feel like I was actively doing something to protect my baby.

Also, it's a little easier this time because I can see my older daughter, and I think that there is absolutely nothing I would not do to save her life. I felt that way when I was pregnant with her, but she was still this little stranger in my tummy, and the bond wasn't as strong as it is after these past years together. Now my son is the tiny stranger, but I know it won't be long before I feel exactly the same way about him. :)
Mom to 7 year old Katie, born at 36wks after an emergency cerclage and 13 weeks of hospital bedrest. Currently serving 24 weeks of bedrest with baby #2, due July 24th.

Rberry16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013 at 09:57 PM »
Wow! I can't believe how long you've made it! Only 3 weeks left. That's awesome! You should celebrate every week.

I have been on bedrest for 10 weeks so far and its starting to get really rough for me. I am SO very bored! I have my own business so I am working from bed during the day and then spend time with my 18 month old in the evening. Still the monotony of it all is really starting to get to me. And we just moved to this area so we have no friends and family nearby. 

I am 29 weeks so I have 7 weeks left until I am full term. After this experience of being on bedrest with no family support, hubby and I have decided to move back home where we have family and friends in August after the baby is about 3 months. Can not wait!

I do think you're mental state starts to deteriorate after so many months being shut in. Best of luck to you!

MariaPantelis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013 at 10:38 PM »
Beautifully written, almost like a poem! :)

I know what you mean. I think we long-termers are in the minority on this website. Now that I'm more than 23 weeks along, I'm starting to feel more like I belong, but back at 12 weeks when people were coming off a "long" bedrest of a few weeks, it was so discouraging to think of how far I still had to go.

On the flip side, I could hardly wait to go down this time. My first pregnancy was so scary since I was on the verge of labor for so long. It took 8 years before I got pregnant again, since fertility is apparently no more my strong suit than pregnancy. And that whole first trimester, I was terrified that my cervix would just spontaneously open and that would be the end of it. At least by having the cerclage and remaining flat through the day, I began to feel like I was actively doing something to protect my baby.

Also, it's a little easier this time because I can see my older daughter, and I think that there is absolutely nothing I would not do to save her life. I felt that way when I was pregnant with her, but she was still this little stranger in my tummy, and the bond wasn't as strong as it is after these past years together. Now my son is the tiny stranger, but I know it won't be long before I feel exactly the same way about him. :)

Hi there!

Yes we r minority here.. There were many times for me as well, that some weeks bed rest of others, made me feel soooo anxious about The looong period I had to go through. But I think we r going to make it until the end...

Today though is one of these days that I feel Breathless and helpless. Even now I feel time wil not Pass in no means. My god....this terrible feeling.. Anxiety, fear and negativity.....  :(

Waiting for my mood to raise and my baby girl to come.....

Maria

MariaPantelis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013 at 10:46 PM »
Wow! I can't believe how long you've made it! Only 3 weeks left. That's awesome! You should celebrate every week.

I have been on bedrest for 10 weeks so far and its starting to get really rough for me. I am SO very bored! I have my own business so I am working from bed during the day and then spend time with my 18 month old in the evening. Still the monotony of it all is really starting to get to me. And we just moved to this area so we have no friends and family nearby. 

I am 29 weeks so I have 7 weeks left until I am full term. After this experience of being on bedrest with no family support, hubby and I have decided to move back home where we have family and friends in August after the baby is about 3 months. Can not wait!

I do think you're mental state starts to deteriorate after so many months being shut in. Best of luck to you!

Hi there!
Indeed it is difficult for having such a long bed rest and keep up a good mental state. Though it is not something that will run out of your control.
What I mean by this.. Even if you feel terrible just live with that, feel it, express it to people that will understand. Eventually you will manage a better mood level.

I merely have the same problem with you.  My parents and in laws are far from us. My parents give us some visits but still we have to cope by our selves. Keep up there and time will pass.

For me today is a hard day. I feel soooo drained emotionally and anxious..
Hope that tomorrow I will have a better mood.

Maria