Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Back on KeepEmCookin for 2nd baby on the way  (Read 1641 times)

pinkpeony

• View Profile
Back on KeepEmCookin for 2nd baby on the way
« on: March 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM »
Hello everyone.
I was here in 2011, when I was having a problem with short cervix and risk of preterm birth. Well, that pregnancy didn't last long - only about 25 weeks but today I have a beautiful thriving girl who loves eating, dancing, and talking. But, let me add that, she has come a long way. She (and my husband and I) spent 142 days in the NICU.

I was told after her birth that I should plan my next pregnancy very carefully and should be referred to a high risk ob/gyn.

Well, I became pregnant again this year, but it was completely unplanned for. It was so unexpected that I thought I had early symptoms of stomach cancer because I had nausea for so many days. Any way, when I found out, I was already 8 weeks. Obviously, I am very worried I am going to have another preterm birth. My family doctor sent a referral to the special pregnancy clinic at the hospital my first baby was born (one of the 2 hospitals with L&D and Level 3 NICU). That was more than 2 weeks ago but I have not heard back from them. I am worried that the timing for cerclage might be missed if I don't get an appointment in the next 2-3 weeks. I called to ask them about the status of my referral but apparently the triage reviews all referrals and books appointments based on "priority". Until I get a spot in the special clinic, I am just seeing my family doctor.

Worst of all, I am going to be completely tied up at work next 2-3 weeks because I work in accounting and Mar 31 is our year-end. I am going to go crazy! I should have planned this more carefully and consulted with the doctor before I got even pregnant!! I am not enjoying this pregnancy at all because of all the stress.