Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: HELLO, Newbie Bedrester!!! :(  (Read 1992 times)

chastity

• View Profile
HELLO, Newbie Bedrester!!! :(
« on: December 19, 2009 at 07:36 PM »
Hi everybody.. 
I am Chastity, I am 34 weeks and 1 day with DS Liam.  We are so excited to be having this little baby boy. :)
I just wanted to introduce myself and tell why I am here..

This Past monday I woke up and my face and ears were really swollen and Red.. I looked like I had a 3rd degree sun burn! it was so bad.. I went ahead and got ready for work, because I had a check up with the dr that afternoon.  When I got to work ( I work at a surgery center) some of the other RN's decided to take my blood pressure which was VERY HIGH!  was something like 150 over 100... So I went ahead and called my ob and she had me come in that morning.. Her inital reaction was that I was having some sort of allergic reaction.. she sent me home to put my feet up and take benadryl.   Next day all the swelling was gone and I was still just a bit red in the cheeks.. so I went into work and took my blood pressure.. it was still high, so called my ob and let her know.. she just wanted me to monitor it..
My BP stayed in the 140/100 range all week until Thursday morning when I took it it was 160/116...  I called OB and she had me go straight to hospital to be admitted... :(  I was so scared cause she was talking about shipping me to a hospital with a NICU and talking about preeclamsia... it was just insane!    She had me do a 24 hr urnine test.. basically collecting urine to test for proteins...  Wont have those results until monday!
so I got released from the hospital under the condition that I stay in bed/or the couch... and now Im here!  BORED TO TEARS!  but it is worth it if it means my baby will be okay. 
well hope to get to know everybody.. will probably be here a lot over the next few weeks.  :) trying to make the best of this.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: HELLO, Newbie Bedrester!!! :(
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009 at 09:14 PM »
Hi, Chastity!

How have you been feeling? Still having high BP? Hope you're still at home and not back at the hospital. How did your test for pre-eclampsia go? I had pre-e with my last pregnancy, so I'm here if you want to chat.

theebabylady

• View Profile
Re: HELLO, Newbie Bedrester!!! :(
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009 at 09:44 PM »
I'm glad you persisted & kept in contact with your OB after all those symptoms. Yes, like Angela said, give us an update to the tests they ordered!
Christy