Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 23w ,MBR since 20w. Second Pregnancy, second time on BR  (Read 1859 times)

natalie

• View Profile
23w ,MBR since 20w. Second Pregnancy, second time on BR
« on: April 29, 2013 at 03:45 PM »
Hello fellow bedresters,

I am almost 24 weeks and I've been on MBR since 20 weeks due to a short cervix. My measurements have varied, started out at a 3.1 at which point I was still working, not on BR, and just was careful. Then it went down to 2.1 that is when my high risk OB put me on MBR and vaginal progesterone. Since then I’ve varied between 2.8 and 2.2, and there has also been some funneling. I can shower once a day, make meals for myself, and doc said one load of laundry a day is ok. No lifting, shopping trips, house cleaning, working, walking, sex, ect. I am to be preferably laying down, sitting is better than standing.

During my first pregnancy, at 30 weeks (due to being 2cm and 75% effaced ) I went on hospital BR for 4 weeks than 2 weeks strict home bed-rest. I wasn't considered high risk with my first, so my warning sign that something was up is as follows: i had read-up on just about everything pregnancy/delivery related and signs of preterm labor was one. So while going pee a work one day i noticed a huge long glob of what looked like snot, but long and stringy. Kinda like I blew my nose in my underwear. Sorry for tmi but if my experience can help others than details are needed. I had read that any changes in your discharge is a sign of preterm labor so figured I better go see the doc, not really thinking anything was wrong and that I was just being paranoid. Well I left work that day for my OB and didn't return. My ob examined me and said i was 75% effaced and 2 cm and needed to go straight to the hospital, no stop at home for clothes. In triage found out I was contracting 6 times an hour. I did notice the contractions for months but figured they were normal BH. Thankfully, my son came full term though at 37 w 3 days.

This time around its different, since my total time on bedrest will be 4 months! Ugh. I have a 3.5 year old but luckily my husband is home to take care of him...and me. Well, he is looking for a job and should get one here soon but being out of work has never worked out so well. He is supportive too, which is so great esp when I read how some spouses/boyfriends react.

I am so scared this baby will come early. I don’t want my baby in the NICU. I am going to be sooo out of shape when this all ends. I want to play with my son (thank God for board games). I want to go on a walk. I miss cooking!  I want to have sex, badly. At least I have Netflix and the local library.

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
Re: 23w ,MBR since 20w. Second Pregnancy, second time on BR
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013 at 07:38 PM »

i had read-up on just about everything pregnancy/delivery related and signs of preterm labor was one. So while going pee a work one day i noticed a huge long glob of what looked like snot, but long and stringy. Kinda like I blew my nose in my underwear. Sorry for tmi but if my experience can help others than details are needed. I had read that any changes in your discharge is a sign of preterm labor so figured I better go see the doc, not really thinking anything was wrong and that I was just being paranoid.

That's interesting that you mention that!  This sort of stuck in my head because I noticed the same sort of thing before the whole hospital admission/going down the path to bed rest started.  A day or two before I called the OB (feeling a lot of what I figured were BH contractions) I had two instances of HUGE stringy, sticky blobs.  It sort of resembled when I remember losing my mucus plug with my first two kids, just not quite as copious.  I know they always say to call if there's a change in discharge, but it's so hard to gauge sometimes what is something majorly out of the ordinary (I could tell this was different than the usual, but figured it was probably in the realm of normal).  It's a good thing to keep in mind!

Here's hoping that you keep right on cooking, and have another full term baby!

~Amy
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

natalie

• View Profile
Re: 23w ,MBR since 20w. Second Pregnancy, second time on BR
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM »
Hi Amy,

I've always wondered it was my mucus plug or just changing cervix...

Its so  hard to tell what is a big deal and what isn't. I hate that. When I went to the dr. i truly thought I would be sent home with a pat on the back, I tend to overreact to things and worry.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope the same for you :)