Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 25 weeks been on br since 15 weeks  (Read 6611 times)

Mrs.b

• View Profile
25 weeks been on br since 15 weeks
« on: May 15, 2013 at 09:48 AM »
Hey all,
I'm a newbie here. Been on br since 15 weeks for shortened cervix. Was 2.6 now 1.3. 1st preg.getting quite restless and frustrated. Br was going ok until the change in cervix in the past 2 weeks. On progesterone inserts daily but can't help feeling like its something I am doing causing the shortened cervix. Mostly on the couch lying flat or reclined. Guess I'm just looking for more suggestions at a frustrating point in time.

natalie

• View Profile
Re: 25 weeks been on br since 15 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013 at 05:28 PM »
Sympathies. How far along are you now? I think the only thing we can do is as little movement as possible. Rethink showering daily, leaving your bed some days, ect. Totally is difficult but hey anything to avoid a NICU stay right? I am struggling. Been on MBR since 20w, right now I am 26w. But my cervix has been improving so that has been encouraging. But I am here until 35 week nonetheless.

Good luck and try to stay positive. At least you are aware of your situation and doing everything possible to keep you little one cookin.

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013 at 04:43 PM »
Thanks a bunch. I am 26 weeks now and was just admitted  today to continue bedrest. Well good luck also. I am hanging in there.

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013 at 06:41 PM »
That is so wonderful that you have made it to 25 weeks!  :)  It stinks that you have to be admitted but every day longer inside is 2 days less in the NICU outside!! :)  (Or at least that's what everyone has been telling me!).  Hang in there!
Mommy to Noah (5) Owen (3) and Jordyn (7/02/2013.  Bed rest from 04/22 due to irritable uterus and +fFn test!)

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM »
Yes, my drs tell me its worth 3. I was in the hospital  on bedrest for 4 w with my first.  its not that bad. you never have to get up as they serve you food and no temptation to do anything around the house either. You really have the opportunity to just stay in bed. of course if you have kids at home (which I do now) that would stink, I would miss my little guy so much. 

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM »
I have heard 2 or 3!  I wanted to err on the side of caution! :)  I can understand about being in the hospital being better.  For me its been really hard to NOT do anything.  My husband has been good--but it's so so so so so hard to resist the temptation to NOT clean.  My husband is just not very good at keeping a clean house--and with 2 boys the house gets messy FAST! 

I hope you hang in there for a lot longer!  :)
Mommy to Noah (5) Owen (3) and Jordyn (7/02/2013.  Bed rest from 04/22 due to irritable uterus and +fFn test!)

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013 at 01:45 PM »
Mrs. B keep us posted on how you are doing! if you don't have a laptop, ask the nurse if the hospital has one that patients share, mine did.

I am just sitting here at home and check the website regularly...anything to pass the time. its helpful for me to hear everyone stories/current issues/resolutions. helpful for keeping my spirits up and I feel like I am not alone.

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM »
Agreed!  I had a really great appointment today!  I got released from what I would imagine as "MBR" to "take it easy" :)  So YAH!  I am still having contractions often when I am up moving around--so no work for me and not a whole lot else, but...its good to know that I can at least do SOME cleaning around the house!  Sitting at home KILLS me when I can't do any cleaning (bless my husband's heart--he is just terrible at keeping things up!)  The other good news is that although I am having break through contractions my cervix is still closed and isn't dilating any!  So that is wonderful news! :) 

KayFroebel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM »
I got released from what I would imagine as "MBR" to "take it easy" :)  S

I have been on MBR or strict BR (they alternate occasionally) since December... I think if my doctor said I could switch to "take it easy" I would go into such excitement I think my baby would pop out!

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM »
That's great toodlers103. How far along are you? If I was released I would take a trip to the beach...:)

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM »
Sorry for the late response. I am doing fine. Still in the hospital but no contraction and dialeted just 1cm. Will be erased at 28 weeks. Will be 27 tomorrow. So hanging in there. The days Re getting better. Hopeful to go home then. How are you hanging in Natalie?

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013 at 01:13 PM »
Mrs. B that is wonderful!!!  Almost there!! :)  How exciting to be able to go home!  Here's to being home and having many more weeks with baby cooking!!

Natalie: I am 32+1 :)  I "took it easy" and it came back to bite me :(  So unfortunately I have self-imposed back on bed rest.  I have attempted to do a little bit more--but, less than what I did on Friday and Saturday!  Saturday and Sunday I was having contractions pretty much off and on all day long--even with my procardia! :(

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM »
Mrs. B I am glad things are going better for you. That's great you get to go home soon, 28 w is a good milestone to hit.

Things are going pretty well, considering. At my last MFM appt she said I am stable... cervical measurements have actually improved... but since I have a dynamic cervix I am still on MBR until 35 weeks. But at least my condition is not worsening. I have contractions daily but never more than a couple an hour and the last sono showed no dialation. I've been a little nervous since I went from getting measured every week to having to wait 3w until my next MFM....I am awaiting my next appointment with a lot of apprehension as I will be 30w at that point and with my first pregnancy I was admitted on hospital SBR at 30w with a 1cm length, 2cm dialation.

We recently put my 3.5 year hold in school since he was bouncing off the walls being stuck inside all day with me. So I miss him, but he loves having something to do all day which makes me happy.

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013 at 03:54 PM »
Today is 28 weeks. Things are stable, however will stay in hospital til 30. Was slighty more dialeted 2-3 cm on examination. Hanging in there, no steady contractions. Yay..... How's everyone else doing? Yay for another week cooking. Stay sane everyone... :) ;) :D

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013 at 09:56 PM »
Hows it going mrs. b? I am still here with baby in :) 31 w on wednesday and my mfm said she doesn't need to see me anymore as my cervix is 'stable'. my mom is going to come visit in a couple weeks and help me and my husband get the nursery set up. so things are going good. I hope you and the babe are doing well.